DNS-323 mapped drive limited to 30MB

ChuckP74

Dec 31, 2014, 11:42:14 AM12/31/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

I'm new to Alt-F (Alt-F 0.1RC4)
Just installed it on a DNS-323 HW Version: A1
I've set up 2x 4TB RAID 1 disks.
Mapping my Windows7 to the new share. Looking at the properties of the mapped drive, it shows that I only have 30MB of space.
I copied files over to it, but it stops copying after about 30MB, indicating that I've run out of space.

The status page shows the RAID1 as active. I've created a folder "/mnt/D_LinkFS" and gave my user permissions to Read/Write/Browse.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I really just want it to use as a back up to my home documents, pictures, etc. Nothing fancy...

Thanks
Chuck

João Cardoso

Jan 6, 2015, 1:20:26 PM1/6/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:42:14 PM UTC, ChuckP74 wrote:

I'm new to Alt-F (Alt-F 0.1RC4)
Just installed it on a DNS-323 HW Version: A1
I've set up 2x 4TB RAID 1 disks.
Mapping my Windows7 to the new share. Looking at the properties of the mapped drive, it shows that I only have 30MB of space.
I copied files over to it, but it stops copying after about 30MB, indicating that I've run out of space.

The status page shows the RAID1 as active. I've created a folder "/mnt/D_LinkFS" and gave my user permissions to Read/Write/Browse.

You have to use a folder on a *filesystem*, such as /mnt/md0/Pictures, not on memory, such as /mnt/whatever. You have copied data to memory, not to the disk, thus the 30MB limit.
Message has been deleted