Gael Bringout

Sep 7, 2012, 1:27:13 PM9/7/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm looking at a way to load the driver"cdc-acm.ko" from the packages "kernel-modules" at the boot time.

If I use the insmod with a user script I get a "Operation not permitted".

Is there a solution for that?

Thank you,
Gael

Joao Cardoso

Sep 7, 2012, 4:12:10 PM9/7/12

On Friday, September 7, 2012 6:27:13 PM UTC+1, Gael Bringout wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking at a way to load the driver"cdc-acm.ko" from the packages "kernel-modules" at the boot time.

If I use the insmod

[Added]
Better use 'modprobe', as it will handle dependencies.

But the modules should be inserted automatically when the hardware is inserted/plugged -- did that doesn't happens?
No... I just plugged my "Nokia Mobile Phones CA-42 Phone" usb/serial adapter, that uses the cdc_acm module, and it was not automatically loaded. It is in my opensuse box)
[/Added]

with a user script

Have you tried Services->User->user->Configure and specified the script path? It must be executable, runs at boot and reboot/shutdown time (with 'start' and 'stop' as arguments) and runs with root permissions.

Gael Bringout

Sep 7, 2012, 5:04:36 PM9/7/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, September 7, 2012 9:49:53 PM UTC+2, Joao Cardoso wrote:

On Friday, September 7, 2012 6:27:13 PM UTC+1, Gael Bringout wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking at a way to load the driver"cdc-acm.ko" from the packages "kernel-modules" at the boot time.

If I use the insmod with a user script

Have you tried Services->User->user->Configure and specified the script path? It must be executable, runs at boot and reboot/shutdown time (with 'start' and 'stop' as arguments) and runs with root permissions.

I have difficulty to make such a script (with start and stop command). May you provide me with a dummy example please ?

Joao Cardoso

Sep 7, 2012, 7:11:16 PM9/7/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

You can just ignore the start/stop arguments.

#!/bin/sh
modprobe cdc-acm

chmod +x <script>

On Friday, September 7, 2012 9:49:53 PM UTC+2, Joao Cardoso wrote: > > > > On Friday, September 7,...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt-f/-/fJkfClKlnjAJ.