Cannot find IP of DNS-323-C1 With ALT-F RC5 after install

Moisés Robles Sanjuán

Sep 22, 2016, 9:58:53 AM9/22/16
to Alt-F
Today I installed Alt-F RC5 on my DNS-323-C1.
Firmware seemed to install OK. At the end of the firmaware upload, I got the reboot button, and pressed it. After reboot, it performed (apparently) a file system check (low heartbit rate, blue disk icon blinking), but when finished, Front Blue button is OFF, and both disk icons remained steady orange. Network icon is blue.
I cannot find the IP of the box.
Can anyone help me on a diagnostic for this?

Thank you
Moises

João Cardoso

Sep 22, 2016, 11:38:22 AM9/22/16
to Alt-F

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 14:58:53 UTC+1, Moisés Robles Sanjuán wrote:
Today I installed Alt-F RC5 on my DNS-323-C1.

What firmware was the box running? D-Link? Alt-F?

Firmware seemed to install OK. At the end of the firmaware upload, I got the reboot button, and pressed it. After reboot, it performed (apparently) a file system check (low heartbit rate, blue disk icon blinking),

Yes, the flash went fine and Alt-F is running. You can perform the "front button diagnostic", read the "About LEDS and Buttons" wiki.

but when finished, Front Blue button is OFF, and both disk icons remained steady orange.

RAID1? if it is, it is degraded; if not there is an error/warning displayed on the Status page (and *read* about the WARNING top post).

Network icon is blue.
I cannot find the IP of the box.

What have you done to determine it? Consult the router? Perform a local network scan?

There are several ways to reset the IP, read the "About LEDS and Buttons" wiki.

Moisés Robles Sanjuán

Sep 23, 2016, 3:53:00 PM9/23/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your quick replay. Finally I got connected to the box. It was at the old firmware IP. Everything is going OK with ALT-F. Great software BTW.
Thanks again.