Installing ffp packages

Michael Eager

Jun 22, 2017, 10:34:09 PM6/22/17
to Alt-F
I just installed Alt-F 0.1RC5 on a DNS-321.  It seems to be working fine.  (Thanks for making this available!)

I had previously installed ffp and optware on the server.  I built a couple opt packages (arp-scan, dnsmasq).  Both ffp and opt packages worked.

Before installing Alt-F, I renamed ffp to ffp-orig, per directions.  After the install and initial setup, I renamed ffp-orig back to ffp and rebooted.  The Alt-F Package Manger page did not display any of the Alt-F packages,   After resetting -x permissions on the ffp/start scripts, the Alt-F Package Manager now works correctly.  (Looks like something that ffp started was stepping on Alt-F.)

None of the optware packages appear to work: they need libc.so.1, which is not found, as well as some other libraries.

The Available ffp Packages link shows that there are many more packages available, but there isn't any hint how to install them.  When I run slacker (from my old install), it doesn't show any installed packages.  It aborts when listing available packages.  (I also installed ffp-0.7 from Alt-F.  This doesn't contain slacker.)

How can I install additional ffp packages?

João Cardoso

Jun 23, 2017, 2:45:08 PM6/23/17
to Alt-F

On Friday, 23 June 2017 03:34:09 UTC+1, Michael Eager wrote:
I just installed Alt-F 0.1RC5 on a DNS-321.  It seems to be working fine.  (Thanks for making this available!)

I had previously installed ffp and optware on the server.  I built a couple opt packages (arp-scan, dnsmasq).  Both ffp and opt packages worked.

Before installing Alt-F, I renamed ffp to ffp-orig, per directions.  After the install and initial setup, I renamed ffp-orig back to ffp and rebooted.  The Alt-F Package Manger page did not display any of the Alt-F packages,   After resetting -x permissions on the ffp/start scripts, the Alt-F Package Manager now works correctly.  (Looks like something that ffp started was stepping on Alt-F.)

Yes, conflicting services.Services->User, ffp, Configure allows you to start/stop/enable ffp services (the status display is misleading, as it  shows also equivalent Alt-F services)
ffp is alien to Alt-F, so conflicting services might arise, you should know what you are doing.

None of the optware packages appear to work: they need libc.so.1, which is not found, as well as some other libraries.

No, optware does not works, you can remove it.
In RC6/1.0 Snapshots you can install entware-ng packages. Again, they are alien to Alt-F...

The Available ffp Packages link shows that there are many more packages available, but there isn't any hint how to install them.

Menu Packages->ffp, Install/Remove buttons?

  When I run slacker

There are special requirements to use slaker, search the forum.