Re: DNS 320 rev. A1 - Tried to upgrade from 0.1 RC 4.1 to RC 5 - maybe bricked?

Message has been deleted

Norbert Horváth

Aug 4, 2016, 7:35:26 AM8/4/16
to Alt-F
Did you do anything else? Did you download the proper firmware file? I also have a 320-A1 and the upgrade was successful so the hardware and the software works together. Do you have a serial cable?
If I'm right, the first blinking shows that the kernel loader (u-boot?) is working and tries to find the kernel, after that the kernel itself should blink the LED in a different pace. The LAN LED does not help much, it blinks when it receives package from the other end. You can see if it's trying to get an IP, or can it be pinged if it was static IP, but I think it won't.
I think the NAS can be fixed, but you may need a serial cable... Let's see if anybody else has deeper knowledge.

As described in the title of this thread, I tried to upgrade my dns 320 to the RC 5, but I made a mistake.
It's totally my fault.  I uploaded the firmware via the web interface and I did't see any information.
After a while (around 20 minutes) I rebooted to see if something happened.
The NAS blue led on the front panel blinks for few seconds and after that nothing.
The leds on the rj 45 stay on fixe (no cable inserted) and if I tried to connect it directly to my pc I can't reach any address (and only the left lan led blinks regularly).
The fan is off, It don't move.
I had to remove the drives because the temperature goes high.

What can I do?

Thank you for any reply.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted