BitTorrent Sync?

Gaiko

Jul 18, 2013, 2:49:58 AM7/18/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

 Hi João,

I was just looking over alternatives to owncloud and came across "BitTorrent Sync" (forum, and wikipedia/articles)
. It seems like a pretty small program, runs on linux, can be used via web interface, etc and I was wondering if adding it to Alt-F's packages would be an option? Just a thought.

Thanks,

-Gaiko

Nabil Servais

Jul 18, 2013, 3:50:06 AM7/18/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I already asked and the short answer is Btsync cannot be used in Alt-F.

Shannon Saylors

Sep 26, 2013, 8:41:52 AM9/26/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'll say even back in the days of "we'll never have a stable NTFS library for linux!" did I believe that it isn't possible because of something. ;)

While I'm not an expert, I'm quite sure it can be done and probably a few 1000s people out there could spend an hour or two and have it running. Of course, until btsync gets a bit more popular (it's in the android play store now), we'll have to wait.

I'm VERY willing to put up money for the package to be added though. Open a kickstart or post the solution with a donate option. I'm in!