How to fix missing suid on busybox binary? su, password and other commands doesnt work

Duke

Dec 6, 2017, 2:20:42 PM12/6/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
I have probably lost suid on busybox (was it there?) or something because I "su" or "password" doesn't work anymore (quits with message like: must be suid to work properly).

Would giving busybox s bit enough and safe or is there other way to fix it? Thanks for any help

João Cardoso

Dec 7, 2017, 10:26:26 AM12/7/17
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 19:20:42 UTC, Duke wrote:
I have probably lost suid on busybox (was it there?) or something because I "su" or "password" doesn't work anymore (quits with message like: must be suid to work properly).

Would giving busybox s bit enough and safe or is there other way to fix it? Thanks for any help

You have installed the busybox Alt-F package, right? I will release an update to fix that issue.
Meanwhile you only need to execute as the root user
chmod u+s /bin/busybox

Thanks

Duke

Dec 7, 2017, 6:26:41 PM12/7/17