RC3 Error post upgrade

Nathan Behe

Apr 21, 2013, 11:32:43 PM4/21/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi-

Not sure how to handle this error I received after upgrading to RC3:

Unable to automatically fix sdb2, mounting Read Only: fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
fsck.ext4: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open /dev/sdb2
Could this be a zero-length partition?

I'm not adverse to reformatting and starting from scratch (I don't have anything special on the unit at the moment)... Any ideas on how to fix this error or perhaps it would be easier to start over anew?  If formatting and starting from scratch would be easier, can anyone give me the process to do so that won't give me a paperweight?

Thanks!

Joao Cardoso

Apr 22, 2013, 12:32:48 AM4/22/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, April 22, 2013 4:32:43 AM UTC+1, Nathan Behe wrote:
Hi-

Not sure how to handle this error I received after upgrading to RC3:

Unable to automatically fix sdb2, mounting Read Only: fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
fsck.ext4: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open /dev/sdb2
Could this be a zero-length partition?

If you search for "short read" on the forum you will find a complex command line sequence to fix it (for the case in discussion).
A much simpler but lengthy webUI command sequence might also be possible, as I realized after completing the above discussion.

If you don't have nothing valuable, the easiest way is to use the Disk Wizard to reformat the drives (and losing all its data)

However, before doing that, and for future reference, please post (attach) the "alt-f.log" file that you can find in the root of each RW mounted filesystem.
If you finds none, please download and attach the System Log (System->Utilities->Logs)
Was the disk(s) partitioned and formatted under Alt-F or under the D-Link fw?

Bedtime...