Unable to format two 750GB drives RAID0

ithrowpicks

Dec 23, 2013, 9:07:54 AM12/23/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Brand new install of RC3 on a DNS-323 Rev A1
The DLink firmware I overwrote was 1.08

The RC3 version of the software installed successfully and after a reboot the RAID comes up clean;
md0 1394.0 GB raid0 clean

However I want to reformat everything so when the Wizard prompts me I select;
1. Both checkboxes for both drives (left and right sda,sdb)
2. Maximum performance and space (raid0)
3. Recent, faster cleaning time, (ext4)
4. Abracadabra

Then I get the following error
Stopping all services and disks... failed:

If it matters any I forgot to delete the ffp folder I was using previously.

How do I get past this error?

João Cardoso

Jan 4, 2014, 2:19:56 PM1/4/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, December 23, 2013 2:07:54 PM UTC, ithrowpicks wrote:
Brand new install of RC3 on a DNS-323 Rev A1
The DLink firmware I overwrote was 1.08

The RC3 version of the software installed successfully and after a reboot the RAID comes up clean;
md0 1394.0 GB raid0 clean

However I want to reformat everything so when the Wizard prompts me I select;
1. Both checkboxes for both drives (left and right sda,sdb)
2. Maximum performance and space (raid0)
3. Recent, faster cleaning time, (ext4)
4. Abracadabra

Then I get the following error
Stopping all services and disks... failed:

Yes, that is a known issue.

You can try to stop all services first (System->Utilities->Services), but that is not guaranteed to always work.
Uninstalling all Alt-F packages might help, but it might fails also... do a reboot afterwards, boot-disabling NFS/SMB/etc, submitting and saving settings (*DON'T* disable 'inetd' from starting on boot)

If it matters any I forgot to delete the ffp folder I was using previously.

If any ffp service or program is running that could explain the error.

ithrowpicks

Jan 10, 2014, 6:23:31 PM1/10/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
With your help I was able to get it going... here is what I did

I opened a telnet session to the NAS
I went to the /mnt/md0 directory
In that directory I saw the ffp and fun_plug directories
I executed rm -rf ffp and fun_plug

After completing those steps everything worked perfectly.  Now to install some packages!