Overnight DNS-320 revA shutdown and now won't boot. No lights.

con...@ptrjay.com

Jun 14, 2015, 5:52:53 PM6/14/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Power still appears to be alright, outputting 12v
Tired leaving unplugged for 10 minutes
         removing the drives
         holding down the power button
         extensive scowling

Is there anything I'm missing before I smash this thing with a hammer?

If it helps, overnight I was transferring about 2.8tb of data from a mounted usb drive. This was started about 14 hours previous. The internal disks I had mounted were 2 x 2tb wd red drives in raid0 config. I'd turned the box on for the first time Friday (4 days ago). I probably bought the unit about 3 years ago. I'd installed the minidlna and ushare packages to test on a single file, before stopping the services and starting the 2.8tb data transfer. Until this morning, the unit has been running smoothly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

João Cardoso

Jun 15, 2015, 1:57:34 PM6/15/15
to al...@googlegroups.com, con...@ptrjay.com

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 22:52:53 UTC+1, wrote:
Power still appears to be alright, outputting 12v
Tired leaving unplugged for 10 minutes
         removing the drives
         holding down the power button
         extensive scowling

Is there anything I'm missing before I smash this thing with a hammer?

If you have powered up the box without any disks inserted and USB plugged and the leds don't light up, then the hardware has died.

It might well be the transformer, have you measured the voltage under charge, plugged to the box? The voltage might drops bellow the right value when under load...