How to update and install packages?

Flex

Oct 13, 2022, 5:05:44 PM10/13/22
to Alt-F
It seems that I cannot install custom packages. I added the links but always get an error like:

Downloading https://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/stable/Packages
Downloading https://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/Packages
An error ocurred, return value: 2.
Collected errors:
ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 5: `wget --passive-ftp    -q -P /tmp/ipkg-G7TLHZ https://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/stable/Packages'
ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 5: `wget --passive-ftp    -q -P /tmp/ipkg-G7TLHZ https://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/Packages'

Any idea what the problem is?

Peter Hollenberg

Oct 22, 2022, 4:10:24 PM10/22/22
to Alt-F
check bug report 424 and replace /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.crt with an up to date version

Flex

Oct 23, 2022, 10:50:04 AM10/23/22
to Alt-F
Thank you very much! That fixed the problem.

Matt BW (Campervan Cookout)

Nov 15, 2022, 3:24:54 PM11/15/22
to Alt-F
I found just removing the S from the package URLs which allowed me to install everything and then update openssl which I think was causing the problem.
Message has been deleted

Flex

Nov 19, 2022, 7:06:54 AM11/19/22
to Alt-F
For me it worked now, but after updating all packages the NAS doesn't shotdown anymore. If I want to do so it gets stuck at some point and I have to unplug it.
Any idea how to figure out which component is blocking the shutdown?
Or is there any shutdown command I could try via SSH?

ALT_F_User

Nov 22, 2022, 3:03:58 PM11/22/22
to Alt-F
The shutdown command through SSH would be "poweroff"

Hell Fish

Nov 22, 2022, 5:08:36 PM11/22/22
to Alt-F