Update CA Certs service failure

Christopher Hunt

Nov 23, 2022, 6:19:23 PM11/23/22
to Alt-F
Good Morning,

I recently re-installed Alt-F on my DNS-327L and had the Alt-F packages problem.  After lots of research in this forum, learning how to put Linux onto a Chromebook, then learning how to use command line commands to do execute operations, creating CA certificates etc.

Firstly thanks for all the useful information in this forum.  Took a little digging and some head scratching to work out but I got there in the end and have my NAS running as expected on my network.

I have two remaining minor issues which I can't find answers for

1. In the network services web gui the CACERT service is not running and when I attempt to "startnow" I get an error message (see attached Network Service Error Message).  Could you please advise me on how to fix this so the CA Cert update service will run.

2. When I attempt to "Save CA certificate and key to backup file" in the setup=>Certificates tab I get a page of text (see save CA & Key output) displayed in a browser tab.  Is this normal or should it output to a specific file format?

Again, thanks for the great software and pearls of wisdom in this forum and I look forward to your response.

Warm regards

Christopher

Save CA & Key output.jpg
Network Services Error Message.jpg
Network Services.jpg

Yellow 64

Nov 30, 2022, 7:24:48 AM11/30/22
to Alt-F
Hi all,

I have the same problem #2 on my DNS-325. Similar text appears when the button CreateCA is pressed.

Thanks,
Dmitry

четверг, 24 ноября 2022 г. в 02:19:23 UTC+3, nala...@gmail.com:
CreateCA.jpg