Transmission upload bandwidth

Oscar Forth

Mar 22, 2014, 2:57:01 AM3/22/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
HI have transmission running on my box mostly without problems.

However I notice that I never get more than about 110KB/sec upload bandwidth.  Is there any reason for this?  It may be something wrong on my router (Linksys E4200 running DD-WRT) but I just can't figure out why I would have such low bandwidth.

This is streaming off an EXT4 formatted 4TB WD Green on a DNS-323 with 0.1RC3 firmware.

Now I know I have significantly better bandwidth than this as I get the following from speedtest.net:

(And thats running on a 2.4GHz WIFI network from my laptop rather than the directly wired in DNS-323)

Any ideas n how I can improve my bandwidth would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Oscar

Oscar Forth

Mar 26, 2014, 4:07:51 PM3/26/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
As a though ...

I've had some weird problems VPN'ing into my network that turned out to be due to MTU.  Is this a possibility on the alt-f box?  It seems to be set to 1500 by default ... is it worth lowering it?

Thanks!