Package Update Error [0.1RC6]

Rodrigo Aluizio

Jan 28, 2018, 8:46:16 AM1/28/18
to al...@googlegroups.com
Not sure why, but I got this error when trying to update my package list:

Downloading https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/alt-f/pkgs/stable/Packages
Downloading https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/alt-f/pkgs/unstable/Packages
An error ocurred, return value: 2.
Collected errors:
ipkg_download
: ERROR: Command failed with return value 5: `wget --passive-ftp    -q -P /tmp/ipkg-WZwfcr https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/alt-f/pkgs/stable/Packages'
ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 5: `
wget --passive-ftp    -q -P /tmp/ipkg-WZwfcr https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/alt-f/pkgs/unstable/Packages'

I can download Packages file using a browser...

Joao Cardoso

Jan 28, 2018, 2:26:53 PM1/28/18
to Alt-F Group
Must be a transitory sourceforge network problem try again latter.

It seems the path has been changed?!

Rodrigo Aluizio

Feb 15, 2018, 8:09:21 AM2/15/18
to Alt-F
After several days, the problem remains. But its not an Alt-F issues. I just found out that the mirror SourceForge redirects me has expired certificates. That is generating the issue. And I have no idea how to bypass this, so no updates for me till they work it out.

João Cardoso

Feb 15, 2018, 10:43:44 AM2/15/18
to Alt-F

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 13:09:21 UTC, Rodrigo Aluizio wrote:
After several days, the problem remains. But its not an Alt-F issues. I just found out that the mirror SourceForge redirects me has expired certificates. That is generating the issue. And I have no idea how to bypass this, so no updates for me till they work it out.

You can try specifying the mirror you want directly.
At  https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Mirrors/ you will see the list of mirrors, and one of the columns is its short-name. Select one, near your location (check the last column) and use it in the Alt-F package manager webUI, then Submit. E.g.,

Do the same in the unstable entry.

If you want to verify it first from the command line, use

wget https://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/alt-f/pkgs/stable/Packages # notice the aditional 'Packages' at the end -- that should not be entered in the webUI
or

I don't know if the mirror list is updated frequently; the advantage of using the defaults is that it uses what is available at the time.

Rodrigo Aluizio

Feb 16, 2018, 3:17:07 PM2/16/18
to Alt-F
Working like a charm, thanks once more.

Em domingo, 28 de janeiro de 2018 11:46:16 UTC-2, Rodrigo Aluizio escreveu:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted