Why I can't spindown the 2 disks ?

Olivier M.

Aug 15, 2018, 4:05:50 AM8/15/18
to Alt-F
Hi everybody,

First, thank you for what you have done Joel, it's so much better than D-Link firmware !

I don't know since when but I can't spindown my 2 RAID1 disks with webui. If I spin down one the other spin up even if I stopped all services (except sysctrl, syslog and inetd).

Olivier M.

Aug 15, 2018, 4:17:50 AM8/15/18
to Alt-F
Is it because packages are installed on sda4 ?!

6956deee-445b-46f7-923c-a328505a6bf3.png

João Cardoso

Aug 17, 2018, 12:43:35 PM8/17/18
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 15 August 2018 09:17:50 UTC+1, Olivier M. wrote:
Is it because packages are installed on sda4 ?!

Might be, but then only sda would spin up.
You say that all services are stopped, but your Running Processes log shows that the  user "olivier" is logged in and using the sftp server, so olivier home folder is being accessed (on md1, RAID1, both disks) and that might wake up the disks.
It might also be a swap issue, you have swap setup from RAID1 (inherited from D-Link setup), have you touched the "swapiness" value?

6956deee-445b-46f7-923c-a328505a6bf3.png