[Theme] Minimal-dark theme with mobile devices support

Paweł Wnuk

May 13, 2019, 7:35:51 AM5/13/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've been ALT-F user for a few years now. From the very beginning I was really impressed by the amount and quality of work put into this project. Thank you, João.

As I was replacing my hard drives the other day, I browsed the forum and discovered themeing capabilities. I do some web design in my spare time and decided to give it a try and make one myself.
Many of you guys did some dark themes so I won't be unique. Never the less I hope you'll like it. Here's some initial design:

DNS-320-Mockup.jpg

There are two main goals of this theme:
  1. Clean, readable and easy on your eyes at night.
  2. Mobile devices support.
Most of this can be accomplished using CSS and JS, hovever if we want mobile device support, modifications to /usr/www/index.html are needed. There must be
in the html head and AFAIK adding it through JS won't affect how the browser handles the site.

Soon I will share the theme on my GitHub but first it needs some housekeeping and a few tweaks.
Tell me what you think. I am curious about your opinions.

EDIT:

The theme is available for download at: https://github.com/wnuczek/minimal-dark along with installation instructions.

Paweł

Nicolas Desveaux

Jc Connell

Joaquim Monteiro

May 13, 2019, 7:15:52 PM5/13/19
to Alt-F
Love it. We need this so badly.
Thanks for your work!

On Monday, 13 May 2019 12:35:51 UTC+1, Paweł Wnuk wrote:
[...]

Chad Baker

May 13, 2019, 9:23:15 PM5/13/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
I like the dark theme. Thank you for the contribution. Can wait to see it's release.

Paweł Wnuk

May 17, 2019, 2:56:36 AM5/17/19
to Alt-F
The theme is available for download at: https://github.com/wnuczek/minimal-dark along with installation instructions.
Please remember that it is required to modify index.html file to get responsive design for mobile devices.
Feel free to give it a try and tell about your impressions.

Jc Connell

May 17, 2019, 7:45:49 AM5/17/19
to Alt-F
Looks great. I installed it without issues. Thanks for your work!

Tomasz Żuchowski

May 17, 2019, 2:59:45 PM5/17/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
Świetny motyw, super działa na komorce, mega czytelny, świetna robota 🍻

Chad Baker

May 18, 2019, 2:18:41 AM5/18/19
to Alt-F
Installed very easy. Looks great.

Sarmad Al-Mashta

Oct 12, 2019, 3:09:44 PM10/12/19
to Alt-F
Amazing Work, Thank you

Pietro Gabellini

Apr 22, 2020, 6:54:03 AM4/22/20
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pawel, I saw your theme and I like it very much, but I have a problem, once I have installed the theme, I can't find it in the drop-down menu to be able to activate it, could you give me a suggestion?
Thanks and congratulations for the nice work
Message has been deleted

Linhares

Feb 4, 2021, 10:10:36 AM2/4/21
to Alt-F
Great Work, thank you!

James Pike

May 5, 2021, 8:44:49 PM5/5/21
to Alt-F
Wow! I love it. Looks great on my two DNS-325's. Thanks for the effort. :-)

aar

May 6, 2021, 4:55:57 PM5/6/21
to Alt-F
Thk - this is a very good job

понедельник, 13 мая 2019 г. в 14:35:51 UTC+3, Paweł Wnuk:

KiKi_HUN

Dec 14, 2021, 9:33:46 AM12/14/21
to Alt-F
How can i save the theme to be there after reboot?
I tried my best but it disapears every time.