dumb questions

shredhead

Sep 8, 2012, 11:11:01 AM9/8/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

1) why would I want or need chroot

2) why would I want or need Debian added to Alt-F

3) will the next update allow you to grab a newer version of FFP instead of defaulting to 0.5? or is there a way to do it today on the .01RC2 ?

Joao Cardoso

Sep 12, 2012, 8:46:01 AM9/12/12

On Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:11:01 PM UTC+1, shredhead wrote:

1) why would I want or need chroot

 I could say " if you don't know, you don't need", but that would be obscurantism . Instead, use Google.

2) why would I want or need Debian added to Alt-F

Only you can know... I don't need. One reason could be to run Debian, while still having Alt-F web pages, other could be to chroot for some programs that Alt-F doesn't have...

Yes, you can choose between 0.5 or 0.7, and even switch between them, search the "issues" for ffp. http://code.google.com/p/alt-f/issues/detail?id=103&can=1&q=ffp