Two minor things I noticed after flashing RC4 (DNS-323 rev C1)

scaramanga

Jun 26, 2014, 6:39:04 AM6/26/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joao,

To keep it brief:
1. The large front button is only dimly lit when the unit is active. Previously it was bright. Is that by design?
2. Status page's display of fan speed says 3000. Previously it would say slow/fast, which is more in-line with how the H/W rev C1 fan control box (correct me if I'm wrong).

João Cardoso

Jun 26, 2014, 11:52:26 AM6/26/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:39:04 AM UTC+1, scaramanga wrote:

Hi Joao,

To keep it brief:
1. The large front button is only dimly lit when the unit is active. Previously it was bright. Is that by design?

As the announcement says:

known issues:
(...)
-leds might work differently than described on different hardware revision boards
(...)

I gave up on trying to have all box/hardware-revs behave the same regarding the power led. It's very difficult to do that kind of work without having the box in front of me. There is an extensive issue thread about that.

2. Status page's display of fan speed says 3000. Previously it would say slow/fast, which is more in-line with how the H/W rev C1 fan control box (correct me if I'm wrong).

You are right. But you will have to adapt yourself to the new display, 3000 is slow, 6000 is fast.

As a matter of fact only the DNS-323-rev-A1/B1 have continuous fan control speed, all other models only have off/low/fast. But the kernel drivers for all models reports RPM, so I will stick with that.

Thanks