Please provide an updated ownCloud package

scaramanga

May 11, 2013, 9:11:49 AM5/11/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joao,

Would you, kindly, consider updating the ownCloud package to 4.5.x (or maybe even 5.0.x)?
At least according to this, it's doable.

Thanks in advance.

scaramanga

May 11, 2013, 9:40:26 AM5/11/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
...Or maybe it'd be just as easy to install from source? According to what I read on the QNAP forum it "should' be.
It seems like they update very often, and there are plenty of secure fixes. It, probably, wouldn't be realistic to expect of you to track their progress and provide us with updated packages.

I don't want to waste your time.

Joao Cardoso

May 11, 2013, 4:47:20 PM5/11/13
to Alt-F Group

On May 11, 2013 2:40 PM, "scaramanga" <smur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...Or maybe it'd be just as easy to install from source?

it should be. only follow their upgrade path, upgrading first for the last minor version before upgrading for a major version. They explain that on their homepage.

This is what makes upgrading owncloud difficult.

According to what I read on the QNAP forum it "should' be.
> It seems like they update very often, and there are plenty of secure fixes. It, probably, wouldn't be realistic to expect of you to track their progress and provide us with updated packages.

it is difficult for me to track all packages, i expect users to warn me of new versions.

currently I'm working on the 1.0 release, but after that I will take a look on packages upgrades. Just keep remembering me.

> I don't want to waste your time.

it's not being wasted!

> On Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:11:49 PM UTC+3, scaramanga wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joao,
>>
>> Would you, kindly, consider updating the ownCloud package to 4.5.x (or maybe even 5.0.x)?
>> At least according to this, it's doable.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

nesta...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 9:20:39 AM1/17/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, 11 May 2013 14:47:20 UTC-6, Joao Cardoso wrote:

On May 11, 2013 2:40 PM, "scaramanga" <smur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...Or maybe it'd be just as easy to install from source?

it should be. only follow their upgrade path, upgrading first for the last minor version before upgrading for a major version. They explain that on their homepage.

This is what makes upgrading owncloud difficult.

According to what I read on the QNAP forum it "should' be.
> It seems like they update very often, and there are plenty of secure fixes. It, probably, wouldn't be realistic to expect of you to track their progress and provide us with updated packages.

it is difficult for me to track all packages, i expect users to warn me of new versions.

currently I'm working on the 1.0 release, but after that I will take a look on packages upgrades. Just keep remembering me.

I thought I'd pitch in here and remind you about updating the owncloud package. I'd rather install it using Alt-F.

Thanks a lot for your hard work.