Transmission problem

Panayiotis Papallis

Oct 24, 2012, 10:35:01 PM10/24/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
i try to edit settings.json file to accept external connections, but always i get the forbidden error.
In my local network just works.
My version is 2.52 and i run Alt-F 0.1RC2 on a DNS-323
any ideas???

Joao Cardoso

Oct 25, 2012, 10:15:10 AM10/25/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:35:01 AM UTC+1, Panayiotis Papallis wrote:
i try to edit settings.json file to accept external connections, but always i get the forbidden error.

You have to give more details.

-What changes have you done?
-The forbidden error appears in Alt-F web pages?
-Or only on Transmission page?
-Do you try to access Transmission from within Alt-F pages,
-or do you try to access it directly?
-Have you managed your router to allow connections from the outside? on the relevant ports?
-Can you access other web pages from the outside?

Dragon

Oct 25, 2012, 11:23:19 AM10/25/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
I think the only reason Panayiotis has the problem is because he has to
edit rpc-whitelist directive in /etc/init.d/S81transmission not in settings.json.