Re: DNS 320 Rev B : firmware failed to upload

Message has been deleted

mv_cz

Apr 23, 2014, 5:14:17 AM4/23/14
Hi, unfortunatelly it has been reported, that DNS-320 rev. B is not working, yet.

See your last conversation https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt-f/Je_BN_7k5y4/lE8Z7y1ksXUJ I think, that Joao has not made any further changes regarding supported HW.

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:52:37 AM UTC+2, Luca Avalle wrote:
Hello!
I gave a new try to the FW on my REV-B 320 Box, this time I got an error message "firmware failed to upload", maybe is it just the heading file of the firmware that is different between 320 an 320b, while the rest is working?

João Cardoso

Apr 23, 2014, 9:04:17 AM4/23/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a link the D-Link site where you use to download firmware to flash into your box?
Does D-Link provide different fw for the rev-A and rev-B boards?

André Adrian

Apr 25, 2014, 6:04:25 AM4/25/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

João Cardoso

Apr 25, 2014, 10:24:33 AM4/25/14

On Friday, April 25, 2014 11:04:25 AM UTC+1, André Adrian wrote:

Yes, thanks.

For future reference, the firmware signature for the DLINK_DNS320B.1.01b02 fw file is:

product_id=0;
custom_id=8;
model_id=c;
sub_id=1;
NewVersion=1;
signature="DNS320B";

while for the DNS-320_fw_revA1A2_2-03b03 the signature is:

product_id=0;
custom_id=8;
model_id=7;
sub_id=2;
NewVersion=0;
signature="DNS323D1";

I could release a Alt-F firmware file for the DNS-320-rev-B1, but that would be a shot in the dark, and could induce users to flash it in their boxes, bricking them.

I have added preliminary DNS-320B support in the 'dns323-fw' Alt-F program, so it can split a D-Link fw file into its components, and create a  D-Link compatible fw file, so advanced users with a serial adapter can try it.

SVN commit r2848: dns323-fw.c: add support for the DNS320-rev-B1

Luca Avalle

Apr 25, 2014, 11:34:44 AM4/25/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi and thank you for constant feedback, I can build the serial port connection it takes time, I need my friend with me, he is electronic engineer) , but since I am willing to buy a new NAS, I am also ready to flash the "risky" fw and risk the brick.
Can you pls send me the risky fw via email?
Thanks

João Cardoso

Apr 26, 2014, 10:42:21 AM4/26/14

On Friday, April 25, 2014 4:34:44 PM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Hi and thank you for constant feedback, I can build the serial port connection it takes time, I need my friend with me, he is electronic engineer) , but since I am willing to buy a new NAS, I am also ready to flash the "risky" fw and risk the brick.

When using the serial adapter one can try firmware without the risk of bricking the box. That is the right way to proceed, download the firmware components to the box memory using tftp, and running it from memory, not flashing it. Then we can examine the boot output messages and make any adjustments, if possible. If anything does not runs OK a simple reboot or power-off returns to the flashed fw. And of course this is done without disks plugged.

By the contrary, when blindly flashing, we run the risk of bricking, but worse, we don't have any boot logs and can't correct any issue, i.e., it's a futile exercise. And one runs the risk of flashing the wrong component, overwriting the boot loader, which means that afterwards one can't even use a serial adapter!

The fact that D-Link ships different fw for different hardware revision boards is also not very encouraging about success (but it can be just a marketing decision and the fw can be fully compatible!)

Can you at least please telnet/ssh the box and attach the output of the following commands?

cat /proc/mtd
dmesg

Can you pls send me the risky fw via email?

I will wait for the above commands first, OK? :-)

Thanks

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:38:41 AM4/29/14
Hi, I agree with you, thanks!
so the output is this

On Friday, April 25, 2014 4:34:44 PM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Hi and thank you for constant feedback, I can build the serial port connection it takes time, I need my friend with me, he is electronic engineer) , but since I am willing to buy a new NAS, I am also ready to flash the "risky" fw and risk the brick.
When using the serial adapter one can try firmware without the risk of bricking the box. That is the right way to proceed, download the firmware components to the box memory using tftp, and running it from memory, not flashing it. Then we can examine the boot procedure logs and make any adjustments, if possible. If anything does not runs OK a simple reboot or power-off returns to the flashed fw. And of course this is done without disks plugged.

By the contrary, when blindly flashing, we run the risk of bricking, but worse, we don't know have any boot logs and can't correct any issue, i.e., it's a futile exercise. And one runs the risk of flashing the wrong component, overwriting the boot loader, which means that afterwards one can't even use a serial adapter!

The fact that D-Link ships different fw for different hardware revision boards is also not very encouraging about success (but it can be just a marketing decision and the fw can be fully compatible!)

Can you at least please telnet/ssh the box and attach the output of the following commands?

cat /proc/mtd
dme
​​

​sg

Can you pls send me the risky fw via email?

Untitled.png
Untitled2.png

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:38:05 AM4/29/14
Maybe I can attach higer res pics!
Untitled.png
Untitled2.png

João Cardoso

Apr 25, 2014, 5:12:37 PM4/25/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, April 25, 2014 9:31:38 PM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Maybe I can attach higer res pics!

Better yet, generate text files, transfer the files to your computer and attach them:

cat /proc/mtd > mtd.txt
dmesg > dmesg.txt

Thanks

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:37:42 AM4/29/14
Please help, how do I generate the TXTs? Just executing the command with copy-paste ist not storing the files anywhere...

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:37:09 AM4/29/14
got it!

--

putty.log

João Cardoso

Apr 26, 2014, 11:08:04 AM4/26/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, April 25, 2014 10:28:38 PM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Please help, how do I generate the TXTs? Just executing the command with copy-paste ist not storing the files anywhere...

I apologize for not giving details. Here they are:

cat /proc/mtd > mtd.txt # this generate the mtd.txt text file
dmesg
> dmesg.txt # this generate the dmesg.txt text file
cat
/proc/cpuinfo > cpuinfo.txt # this generates the cpuinfo.txt text file
ls
-l # this should list all files names and other details
cp mtd
.txt dmesg.txt cpuinfo.txt /mnt/network/accessible/folder # this copies the files to some folder accessible through the network

If you are using RAID, you can use /mnt/md0/Public/RW, if it exists, or if you are using a "standard" filesystem you can use /mnt/sda2/Public/RW, if it exists, or any other folder at your choice, use Services->Network->smb Configure, take note of the Folder name of an existing Share and use it.
You can then use your desktop computer to transfer the files from the shares.

Anyway, the screenshots show that the CPU and flash-memory are compatible with Alt-F. However, this only means that even if Alt-F boots, some devices might not work: your might not be able to control the fan speed, read the system temperature, use the buttons, power-off or reboot the box... and you might have problems flashing the D-Link fw back without a serial adapter. Just writing down "YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED".
But if Alt-F boots we can continue collaborating in order to fix that issues.

Luca Avalle

Apr 26, 2014, 12:40:49 PM4/26/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Gr8 tx! i sent you a proper logfile, I think you got it. if the LOG file I sent you is not adding value, than maybe we can proceed with STEP2 and flash ALT+F. Worst case i will create the serial port.

Can you pls send it to me?
Thanks!

Luca Avalle
MOBILE : +352621141475

João Cardoso

Apr 26, 2014, 1:57:12 PM4/26/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:40:49 PM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Gr8 tx! i sent you a proper logfile, I think you got it.

The dmesg output seems too small. Can you check that the dmesg.txt file does not contains more info?

I sent you a link that should allow you to download the candidate shot-in-dark fw file for the DNS-302-revB, as you requested despite the warnings.

Luca, let the Force be with you :-)

if the LOG file I sent you is not adding value, than maybe we can proceed with STEP2 and flash ALT+F. Worst case i will create the serial port.

Can you pls send it to me?
Thanks!

Luca Avalle

Apr 27, 2014, 6:19:04 AM4/27/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Gr8!
here we go.
I Used Putty to telnet the DNS 320 nad, in order to telnet it, I followed the FonZPlug procedure, not all the way, since I did not want fonz plug for now

dmesg.txt
ffp.log
cpinf.txt

João Cardoso

Apr 27, 2014, 1:39:34 PM4/27/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:19:04 AM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Gr8!
here we go.
I Used Putty to telnet the DNS 320 nad, in order to telnet it, I followed the FonZPlug procedure, not all the way, since I did not want fonz plug for now

There is nothing new in the dmesg output, it is a stripped-down version of the kernel log.
Have you actually tried to flash the Alt-F-0.1RC4-DNS-320-B.bin firmware that I sent the Google Drive link to you (by e-mail)?

Thanks.

Luca Avalle

Apr 27, 2014, 4:28:56 PM4/27/14
Hi!

Firmware was injected right now, got the OK message...

than system reboted... gosh these 145 seconds are LONG....

The host was not reachable... I forgot to remove FFP !! (I want to kill myself)...

Went to check the Box, there was 1 red led blinking with the 3 blu ones light up and still.

I removed the power cord and the system rebooted, yet no access to the web interface

If I ping it, (.150 address) I receive an answer from .167, saying that host is not reachable

I will be oding more testing tomorrow, or I will buy a QNAP...

Any help?

Message has been deleted

João Cardoso

Apr 27, 2014, 5:23:19 PM4/27/14

On Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:17:38 PM UTC+1, Luca Avalle wrote:
Hi!

Firmware was injected right now, got the OK message...

than system reboted... gosh these 145 seconds are LONG....

The host was not reachable... I forgot to remove FFP !! (I want to kill myself)...

No problem, poweroff the box and remove the disk. There is no need for one.

Went to check the Box, there was 1 red led blinking with the 3 blu ones light up and still.

Observe the leds as the box powers, see below.

I removed the power cord and the system rebooted, yet no access to the web interface

If I ping it, (.150 address) I receive an answer from .167, saying that host is not reachable

Have you consulted your router DHCP server/client leases? It might have changed.

The blue power led on the DNS-323/325 is as follow: right after power-on, it blinks rapidly, about 2/3 times per sec (that's u-boot, the boot loader); when the bootloader loads the linux kernel and it starts executing it continues flashing, but with a slow rhythm (about once per second); when Alt-F starts executing its boot script it should be steady on (or off, depends on the board).

I will be oding more testing tomorrow, or I will buy a QNAP...

If you can't get it working back I will be happy to accept if, and I'm willing to pay postage costs.

Luck

Any help?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

João Cardoso

Apr 28, 2014, 2:57:22 PM4/28/14
[Luca, your messages are being classified as SPAM by Google, posting them:]

Clean your browser cache first. Are you seeing the Alt-F Status Page? Attach a screenshot. Follow the first login tour wizard.
Read the wiki, specially the First time setup

Re: DNS 320 Rev B : firmware failed to upload
Ok, good news, I removed the 2 HDs now I can access the web interface, but NO login...
No metter which user I input, I does not take it :(
The blue led blinks quickly and red led is fix.
The IP remained the same, I will now try the RESET + Reboot, it seems not to accept the reset :(
Other ideas?

Re: DNS 320 Rev B : firmware failed to upload
I post again, dunno why message was lost.

I can access the login interface, but I cannot actually log me in I can try any user, but the login page just stays there...until timeout, the IP stayed the same.
The RESET does not change things, still BLUE led blinks rapidly and no change in the IP

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:36:09 AM4/29/14
Hi again, yeah you were right, after notebook reboot and cache cleaning I confirm I cannot access the Box anymore...Any suggestions at this point? I di not understand why the RESET is not working either...

[Luca, your messages are being classified as SPAM by Google, posting them:]

Clean your browser cache first. Are you seeing the Alt-F Status Page? Attach a screenshot. Follow the first tour wizard.

Joao Cardoso

Apr 28, 2014, 6:41:34 PM4/28/14
to Alt-F Group

On Apr 28, 2014 10:23 PM, "Luca Avalle" <luca....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again, yeah you were right, after notebook reboot and cache cleaning I confirm I cannot access the Box anymore...Any suggestions at this point?

a serial-console... it should be your first choice.

> I di not understand why the RESET is not working either...

because it is controled by software, and the software is not running.

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM, João Cardoso <whoami...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [Luca, your messages are being classified as SPAM by Google, posting them:]
>>
>> Clean your browser cache first. Are you seeing the Alt-F Status Page? Attach a screenshot. Follow the first tour wizard.
>> Read the wiki: https://sourceforge.net/p/alt-f/wiki/How%20to%20Use/#first-time-setup
>>
>> Re: DNS 320 Rev B : firmware failed to upload
>> Ok, good news, I removed the 2 HDs now I can access the web interface, but NO login...
>> No metter which user I input, I does not take it :(
>> The blue led blinks quickly and red led is fix.
>> The IP remained the same, I will now try the RESET + Reboot, it seems not to accept the reset :(
>> Other ideas?
>>
>> Re: DNS 320 Rev B : firmware failed to upload
>> I post again, dunno why message was lost.
>>
>> I can access the login interface, but I cannot actually log me in I can try any user, but the login page just stays there...until timeout, the IP stayed the same.
>> The RESET does not change things, still BLUE led blinks rapidly and no change in the IP
>>

>> --

>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alt-f/ad037f31-8192-4752-8a2b-5770fd2fa6a6%40googlegroups.com.

> --
> Luca Avalle
> MOBILE : +352621141475

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:35:20 AM4/29/14
Thanks mate, I give it a try, from this page, which cable can I buy that ensure a simple usb to serial connection?
In the wiki, the suggested cable is this "TTL-232R-3V3-AJ", but I do not care for the jack connection , I just need a rough straight usb to serial, since I will be using it for testing and fixing the unit, am I right?  If yes, which one?
Thanks!

> Hi again, yeah you were right, after notebook reboot and cache cleaning I confirm I cannot access the Box anymore...Any suggestions at this point?

a serial-console... it should be your first choice.

> I di not understand why the RESET is not working either...

because it is controled by software, and the software is not running.

Luca Avalle

Apr 29, 2014, 2:39:15 AM4/29/14

João Cardoso

Apr 29, 2014, 10:00:19 AM4/29/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Any of these will work, but you don't need the RTS/CTS lines, and them will only make the task more difficult for you. The boxes only has three lines for the serial port, Rx, Tx and GND.
Message has been deleted

steven samson

May 25, 2014, 6:14:56 PM5/25/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

DNS-320L informations :

I'll will complete my post later.
dmesg.txt
mtd.txt

Jose María Saura Úbeda

Oct 2, 2014, 5:38:21 PM10/2/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have DNS-320, but Ver.B2 with the 88F6702-A1 cpu.
Is not compatible with this firm?

@João Cardoso

[...]

Last question,
I wonder if
this firm before using the hdd have to format them forcibly like original firm (convert EXT3).
Because I have a HDD (4TB / GPT / NTFS) with data to use in Win
.

Thank you,
very great jobs.

João Cardoso

Oct 2, 2014, 8:07:36 PM10/2/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:38:21 PM UTC+1, Jose María Saura Úbeda wrote:

Hi,

I have DNS-320, but Ver.B2 with the 88F6702-A1 cpu.
Is not compatible with this firm?

No, only rev-A is supported.
Only someone with a rev-B box, a serial console and high linux expertise can port Alt-F

Luca Avalle

Nov 15, 2014, 9:18:43 AM11/15/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,
I tried to recover my DNS-320 Rev b1, by buying this cable
and soldering it like this
However the serial port monitor does not report activity.
The port is correctly recgonized in windows as "proflific..."
Any help?
Thank you!
Luca

Peter M. Clausen

Nov 16, 2014, 1:26:12 PM11/16/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca

I have gotten around to it yet but I also have a DNS-320 rev B. I think you need to connect three wires, not only two as in your picture. Please see the comments from
Joao in the post: "[Alt-F] Support for D-Link 320 revB" (see below). I just bought serial cable and stuff, so I am now ready - as soon as I find the time... Wish you losts of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

/Peter

On Friday, October 17, 2014 10:50:48 PM UTC+1, Peter M. Clausen wrote:
Hi

If I understand correctly D-Link 320 revB is not yet supported. I would volunteer to try to make it work as I have one. But I would need quite some assistance from this group. I have never done kernel work, nor hardware,

You have to solder three wires on the board, and its a delicate procedure, better ask a friend.

but I'm a fairly experienced C++ programmer and can read and do minor modifications to C-code. I've been using Ubuntu and Debian for over 5 years now and know most of the standard stuff.

How do you suggest to proceed? Is there a way to connect to the thing other than Ethernet? I've read about a serial cable but dont know exactly which cable you mean.

To have access to the box at boot time you have to use RC-232C. I think the most simple procedure is to buy an USB to serial (RS-232-c 3.3volts) adapter. The USB side is connected to you computer using the kermit program, and the serial connection is soldered in the box.

see:

There are also some other clues in this forum.

Do I need a Debian machine to compile? I have Ubuntu 14 running,

That's OK.

There is also an extensive topic on how to build RC4 Alt-F in this forum.
But when you have the serial adapter working ask for further assistance.

One user, against my advice, flashed a 320-revB with the firmware for the revA, and as he had no soldering experience the box becomes useless.

Recent u-boot bootloaders allows one to load and run new firmware into memory *without* flashing it. That's the safest approach and the one I use, as the original fw will always be available. After gaining access to u-boot you can use, e.g. tftp to transfer firmware to the box and try it before flashing.
By reading the boot messages is sometimes enough to diagnose and fix the problem, so you might not even need to be able to compile Alt-F yourself.

I believe that the 320-revB must be very similar to other boxes. I have a 325 and a 320L myself , and the differences to the 320 are minimal.
The circuit board on my 320L-revA has printed:  "1NS320L...A1G/1NS320BM...A1g, 2 bay iscsi/NAS storage enclosure", what does yours says? Perhaps a picture of the circuit boar will help -- they must even be identical.

I'm definitely interested on this subject and ready to provide further assistance.

João Cardoso

Nov 16, 2014, 1:45:51 PM11/16/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:26:12 PM UTC, Peter M. Clausen wrote:
Hi Luca

I have gotten around to it yet but I also have a DNS-320 rev B. I think you need to connect three wires, not only two as in your picture.

From the picture the ground (black) wire is not soldered, and it should be. But the picture doesn't show if the red wire is soldered or not, and some time the wire colors don't correspond to the "standard" definition (ground, 0V == black; power, 5V or 3.3V == red)

My experience with soldering on the 320L: my thin-tip 15W soldering iron had not enough power to solder the ground wire, because usually the ground pin makes part of the ground plane, that covers most of the board surface and that makes it dissipates a lot of heat.
So, instead of needlessly appling much heat to the ground pin, heat-stressing nearly located tiny surface-mounted components, I just soldered the ground wire to the usb socket case.

Luca Avalle

Nov 17, 2014, 2:13:59 AM11/17/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I got what you mean. The cable colors are specified in the instructions of the USB-SERIAL cable I bought, and as well I followed the RX / TX specification for the motherboard that you can find here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=57510.0.
I agree with you that the only thing missing is the balck (GND) soldering, which I did not do.
Hence I will give it another try, by soldering the GND to the usb socket case.
The other soldering looks kinda OK, I did not touch the board with the soldering iron, just let a couple of drops of melted solering wire on the cable to stick it to the circuit board.
>Thank you

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Alt-F" group.

João Cardoso

Nov 17, 2014, 11:04:23 AM11/17/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, November 17, 2014 7:13:59 AM UTC, Luca Avalle wrote:
Hi! I got what you mean. The cable colors are specified in the instructions of the USB-SERIAL cable I bought,

You must be warned that it is possible that if the USB adapter wire is called Rx (receive), it has to be connected to the Tx (transmit) pin in the board. And the same applies to the other wire.
It depends on the exact wording used in the adapter cable documentation -- if it says "connect this wire to TX in the board", then the wire is RX; if it says "this wire is Tx", then it must be connected to the Rx pin in the board.

I often solder only the ground (GND, 0V) wire, then power up the box and touch with what I think is the Rx wire on each of the board's Tx or Rx -- when I see something legible printed than I know that's OK and I solder it. If I see nothing legible, then I try the other wire. But that's me, I'm paranoid :-O

My USB adapter needs to be powered by the box, so I have to solder the Vcc, power, 3.3V, red wire; other adapters are powered by the PC USB side, there's no need to solder that.

and as well I followed the RX / TX specification for the motherboard that you can find here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=57510.0.
I agree with you that the only thing missing is the balck (GND) soldering, which I did not do.
Hence I will give it another try, by soldering the GND to the usb socket case.
The other soldering looks kinda OK, I did not touch the board with the soldering iron, just let a couple of drops of melted solering wire on the cable to stick it to the circuit board.
>Thank you

Luca Avalle

Nov 17, 2014, 11:23:53 AM11/17/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
wow, this is something very weird! Well, thank you for the heads up, nice way to give it another try! I do understand your approach, will check that too, by "touching" the cable. My USB adapter will deliver 5v if I solder it, otherwise just 3.3
Let's see what happens.
Worst case, I fry it for good :)

João Cardoso

Nov 17, 2014, 12:01:15 PM11/17/14

On Monday, November 17, 2014 4:23:53 PM UTC, Luca Avalle wrote:
wow, this is something very weird!

It depends on what the USB adapter maker considers it to be: a DCE (Data Communication Equipment) or a DTE (Data Terminal Equipment): from the wikipedia (which is really your friend):

Asymmetrical definitions of the two ends of the link make the assignment of the role of a newly developed device problematic; the designer must decide on either a DTE-like or DCE-like interface and which connector pin assignments to use.

 The standard does not address the possibility of connecting a DTE directly to a DTE, or a DCE to a DCE.

And latter:

Transmitted DataCarries data from DTE to DCE.TxD2
Received DataCarries data from DCE to DTE.RxD3
The signals are named from the standpoint of the DTE.

Well, thank you for the heads up, nice way to give it another try! I do understand your approach, will check that too, by "touching" the cable. My USB adapter will deliver 5v if I solder it, otherwise just 3.3
Let's see what happens.
Worst case, I fry it for good :)

Luca Avalle

Nov 18, 2014, 7:30:59 AM11/18/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Mine is the one I linked on ebay, can you please have a look and let me know? http://www.ebay.de/itm/151304116477?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Il giorno Mon Nov 17 2014 at 18:01:19 João Cardoso <whoami...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

On Monday, November 17, 2014 4:23:53 PM UTC, Luca Avalle wrote:
wow, this is something very weird!

It depends on what the USB adapter maker considers it to be: a DCE (Data Communication Equipment) or a DTE (Data Terminal Equipment): from the wikipedia (which is really your friend):

Asymmetrical definitions of the two ends of the link make the assignment of the role of a newly developed device problematic; the designer must decide on either a DTE-like or DCE-like interface and which connector pin assignments to use.

 The standard does not address the possibility of connecting a DTE directly to a DTE, or a DCE to a DCE.

Well, thank you for the heads up, nice way to give it another try! I do understand your approach, will check that too, by "touching" the cable. My USB adapter will deliver 5v if I solder it, otherwise just 3.3
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to alt-f+un...@googlegroups.com.

Andrew G

Dec 3, 2014, 7:35:21 PM12/3/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Are DNS-320 rev B1/B2 actually a variation of DNS-320L rather than DNS-320 rev A?

Looking at both DNS-320 rev B1/B2 boards, on the top side it says:-

1NS320L...A1G
1NS320BM..A1G
2-Bay iSCSI/NAS Storage Enclosure
REV-A1

So I think D-Link are using almost identical boards in DNS-320L and DNS-320 rev B1/B2.

Therefore maybe it is the DNS-320L version of Alt-F that needs tweaking for DNS-320 rev B1/B2 instead of the DNS-320 rev A version.

Is there a safe way to try the DNS-320L version of Alt-F on DNS-320 rev B without risking a bricking?

Andrew G

Dec 8, 2014, 4:52:03 AM12/8/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
More info about DNS-320 rev B1/B2 support in thread Support for D-Link 320 revB