Support for installing Alt-f on a third-party compatible board

Marco

Jul 7, 2015, 5:51:15 AM7/7/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've recently got ahold of a simple NAS from a relatively unknown vendor (Atlantis Land, http://www.atlantis-land.com/) based on the SoC 88F5182 A2. I started looking into it, and to my surprise I found out tht the SoC is the same as the D-Link DNS-321 (http://dns323.kood.org/dns-321).
The Marvell Developement Board according to the dmesg I got from the root access is RD-88F5182-NAS-3, which is different from the one reported for DNS-321 (it has two USB ports, different buttons, different LEDs); one major difference is that it hasn't a serial console port but a (what I think it is) 20-pin ARM JTAG port.
Before going further, acquiring a buspirate and start playing with it is, I wanted to know if there are any chances of running Alt-f on this board. I'd love to put some new life into this toy, as the original firmware is so shitty that makes the device useless :-/
Thanks,

Marco