IP/username banning

Hooligan99

Sep 12, 2020, 9:08:06 AM9/12/20
to Alt-F
I was wondering if there was anything similar to this "https://github.com/DigitalRuby/IPBan" that would be available for ALT-F. The only thing I have open is FTP and it is setup with a random high numbered port on the router...

I have been banning IP's on the router and randomly changing the port for years but I have to actually manage it :-(  I'm looking for something to automate username/IP banning...

Thanks

Jeremy Laidman

Sep 12, 2020, 8:02:17 PM9/12/20
to al...@googlegroups.com
With python installed you could use fail2ban.

Also consider using a port knocker system with SPA as it's much more secure than a randomised port number.

Also consider using SFTP or FTPS instead of FTP.

Cheers
Jeremy

Hooligan99

Sep 24, 2020, 8:40:39 AM9/24/20