Flash CH3SNAS with DNS-323 firmware to Alt-F

michae...@googlemail.com

Feb 16, 2014, 3:56:22 PM2/16/14
I would like to review my old CH3SNAS with a 4TB disk for backups.
From what I gather the DNS-323 firmware does not support disks this large and that is why I am looking at Alt-F (apart from all the features).
So two questions:
1) Just to confirm Alt-F does support disks this large, right?
2) I currently have the CH3SNAS flashed with version 1.08 of the DNS-323. I saw that on the sourceforge page there are two different firmwares, one for the DNS-323 and one for the CH3SNAS. Will I have to flash my device back to the CH3SNAS firmware and then flash it with the Alt-F version for the CH3SNAS or can I flash it directly with one of the two Alt-F firmwares? I so which one should I use, the one for the DNS-323 or the one for the CH3SNAS?

Thanks and best regards,
Micahel

João Cardoso

Feb 16, 2014, 4:33:29 PM2/16/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:54:07 PM UTC, michae...@googlemail.com wrote:
Hi,
I would like to review my old CH3SNAS with a 4TB disk for backups.
From what I gather the DNS-323 firmware does not support disks this large and that is why I am looking at Alt-F (apart from all the features).
So two questions:
1) Just to confirm Alt-F does support disks this large, right?

Right.

2) I currently have the CH3SNAS flashed with version 1.08 of the DNS-323. I saw that on the sourceforge page there are two different firmwares, one for the DNS-323 and one for the CH3SNAS. Will I have to flash my device back to the CH3SNAS firmware and then flash it with the Alt-F version for the CH3SNAS or can I flash it directly with one of the two Alt-F firmwares? I so which one should I use, the one for the DNS-323 or the one for the CH3SNAS?

No.
You must use the firmware designed for the fw that you are currently using, or it will not be accepted. If you are using the Conceptronic use the  CH3SNAS.bin, if using D-Link fw used the DNS-323.

michae...@googlemail.com

Feb 19, 2014, 9:48:39 AM2/19/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Flashed my CH3SNAS with the DNS-323 firmware and it worked flawlessly. Thanks so much for the quick help!