Accessing my DNS320 RevB with Dlinkddns

M. Alucard

Mar 12, 2015, 12:50:44 PM3/12/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
HI,

First of all I would like to thank you for this fantastic work, Using my Nas now is becoming easier and faster.
My problem has begun when I wanted to access my Nas using my DLINKDDNS account. FYI, I've installed and configured the DNS in the network TAB and everthing went soomthly. but the thing is that I cannot access anymore to its homepage over the internet (everything works well on the local network). it gives me a frutrating "403 Forbbiden" message.
thanks
side note: Transmission/pp works wonderfully

João Cardoso

Mar 12, 2015, 2:03:36 PM3/12/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 4:50:44 PM UTC, M. Alucard wrote:
HI,

First of all I would like to thank you for this fantastic work, Using my Nas now is becoming easier and faster.
My problem has begun when I wanted to access my Nas using my DLINKDDNS account. FYI, I've installed and configured the DNS in the network TAB and everthing went soomthly. but the thing is that I cannot access anymore to its homepage over the internet

So you can ssh or telnet the box from the outside, but you can't access its webUI, right? So it is not a router port forward issue.
Use Services->Network->inetd->Configure, Remote Administration, Allowed IPs. If the IP is not fixed you might have to use some wildcard, search the forum, someone said that 0.0.0.0/24 worked, if I remember correctly.

Notice that the Alt-F webUI was *not* designed to be used outside a trusted environment (your home or office).

Othmane FAKANI

Mar 12, 2015, 2:43:07 PM3/12/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.
I've tried your solution right away but it didn't work. and to be honest, I'm not that pro with linux and web bases os's.

João Cardoso

Mar 13, 2015, 1:20:39 PM3/13/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 6:43:07 PM UTC, M. Alucard wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
I've tried your solution right away

That is not enough. Have you forward ports in the router?
You have not answered my question:

[...]

Othmane FAKANI

Mar 13, 2015, 1:27:26 PM3/13/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
HI there Joao,
Do I need to forward a 80 port ? correct me if i'm wrong but DNS works on port 80 I guess. plus on the previous firmware (Dlink 1.02a) everything worked correctly without editing anything (except allowning DNS on my router and activating upnp).
Thank you for helping out :)

João Cardoso

Mar 13, 2015, 1:50:36 PM3/13/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 5:27:26 PM UTC, M. Alucard wrote:
HI there Joao,
Do I need to forward a 80 port ?

Yes.

correct me if i'm wrong but DNS works on port 80 I guess. plus on the previous firmware (Dlink 1.02a) everything worked correctly without editing anything (except allowning DNS on my router and activating upnp).

Probably the dlink client uses upnp to open/forward the port itself. Alt-F don't do that. If you want to open your house front door do it yourself :-)
And remember:

Notice that the Alt-F webUI was *not* designed to be used outside a trusted environment (your home or office).

At least use https (and in that case the port to open is 443, not 80)

Thank you for helping out :)