It's possible reload alt-f or update without password?

Jose Antonio Garcia

Dec 26, 2019, 4:21:59 PM12/26/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
I let my old DNS-323 to a friend a few yeas ago and now I want to set up again and it's with 0.1rc03 with an unknow password.

I try to press reset 10 and more than 20 senconds without any change with putty but after try to load browser I cant set up a new password and new configuration, now is formatting the disk.

I can update to 1.0 with bin and that's all?

What can I do?

Thank you

Joao Cardoso

Dec 26, 2019, 9:08:59 PM12/26/19
to Alt-F

On Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 9:21:59 PM UTC, Jose Antonio Garcia wrote:
I let my old DNS-323 to a friend a few yeas ago and now I want to set up again and it's with 0.1rc03 with an unknow password.

I try to press reset 10 and more than 20 senconds without any change with putty

The "about leds and buttons" wiki has a section on recovery options. For the > 10  but < 20 seconds option a telnet (not ssh) session on the not-telnet-standard port 26 can be used, and using the 'cat /etc/web-secret' command will reveal you webUI password. For > 20 seconds option will delete all flash-memory-stored settings (not your disk data!)

but after try to load browser I cant set up a new password and new configuration, now is formatting the disk.

Because you requested it, right?!

I can update to 1.0 with bin and that's all?

Yes, of course. Read the top-posted warning topic about flashing, but as you are using a fresh setup it shouldn't apply to you.