problems with RAID 1 and log in

mk360

May 16, 2019, 10:04:10 PM5/16/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have some problems with Alt-F that I can't solve. I tried to connect
to the box, but it doesn't work, so I rebooted it. When I connected, the
page says "RAID 1 degraded", so I tried to follow the instructions from
https://sourceforge.net/p/alt-f/wiki/How%20to%20fix%20a%20degraded%20RAID1%20array/
but when I enter the password the browser shows this error:

cat: read error: Input/output error
HTTP/1.1 303
Location: /cgi-bin/login.cgi

What can I do?

Thanks,

mk.

D Ace

Oct 7, 2022, 11:58:44 AM10/7/22
to Alt-F
Hi All,

Error:
cat: read error: Input/output error
HTTP/1.1 303
Location: /cgi-bin/login.cgi

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured out what to do?
Saw some references to power-off and restart but would like to know proper steps.
Thanks
Dave

D Ace

Oct 18, 2022, 11:20:11 PM10/18/22
to Alt-F
If it's any help, holding the shutdown  button  was not working so ended up just pulling the plug to power off (Reminder: I did this at my own risk...drives were not actively doing anything so was slightly confident nothing would be corrupted).
Noticed the casing was hot so just manually unplugged for 30+ seconds, plugged back in but just let sit for another 10 min to cool down.
Started back up and got back into the interface. I navigated to different section that required login and I was able to successfully.
Drives passed but it started to do a file system check. As of typing this was about 87% completed for step 1 so hopefully everything else works out.
HTH
DAve