ISSUE: Can't create fix script on any filesystem.

Enrico Rovere

Dec 6, 2016, 5:28:05 PM12/6/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody.

I'm trying to set up a DNS-320L with this firmware. I initially installed alt-f, and configured everything. Then I applied the fix for RC5, and uploaded some files to test, which was successful. Then, I tried installing owncloud, and got a 'Segmentation fault' error, I don't recall which package it stuck on. I then read it was a known bug, possibly fixed.

At that point, the box was unresponsive, both through the web interface, telnet, and SSH. I then tried rebooting it though the front button, and eventually cold rebooted it. Upon reboot, the fix was no longer active, and after confirming it through telnet, I tried applying it again, but I get suck at Services>Users.

Alt-F packages are installed on sdb2, and thus I specified the script location as

/mnt/sdb2/user.sh

and I got a

'The script must be installed on a filesystem such as /mnt/sda2 or /mnt/md0

I don't really know what to do at this point, I could really use some help here.
I'm running Alt-F RC5, on a DNS-320L, hw revision A4.

Thanks in advance,

Enrico

Enrico Rovere

Dec 6, 2016, 5:48:27 PM12/6/16
to Alt-F
EDIT: I'm so sorry, I'm dumb. I didn't recall changing the disk's labels, so the actual path was /mnt/<label>/user.sh . Sorry again, and my deepest thank you for the firmware.