IPv6

Petr Michalec

Jun 10, 2012, 5:03:21 AM6/10/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi, what is the status of IPv6 in Alt-F? Is it possible to enable it in non-flashed mode? Experience?
In setup/host I see Enable IPv6 as grey checkbox and cant enable it. Do I have to commet the line KIP=yes in fun_plug first + reboot?

Thanks, PMi

Joao Cardoso

Jun 10, 2012, 12:18:17 PM6/10/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:03:21 AM UTC+1, Petr Michalec wrote:
Hi, what is the status of IPv6 in Alt-F?

I only tested it lightly, but someone reported that it is working (but the httpd server does not accepts IPv6 in its configuration file).

Is it possible to enable it in non-flashed mode?

I can see no reasons for it not work.

Experience?
In setup/host I see Enable IPv6 as grey checkbox and cant enable it. Do I have to commet the line KIP=yes in fun_plug first + reboot?

No, you only have to install the "kernel modules" package. No need to reboot (only if you which to dis-activate it)

As the online help page says:
  • Enable IPv6: protocol for the next generation internet.
    Most users don't need it. If you activate it it will became immediately active; if you disable it it will become disabled only after the next reboot.
    The kernel-modules package must be installed first.

I definitively have to change the (?) help icon near the page title to a big HELP button, as it seems that nobody notices it as it is now!

Thanks, PMi

Brandon Hume

Jun 11, 2012, 11:45:23 AM6/11/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
On 06/10/12 01:18 PM, Joao Cardoso wrote:

> On Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:03:21 AM UTC+1, Petr Michalec wrote:
>
> Hi, what is the status of IPv6 in Alt-F?
>

> I only tested it lightly, but someone reported that it is working (but
> the httpd server does not accepts IPv6 in its configuration file).
>
> Is it possible to enable it in non-flashed mode?
>

> I can see no reasons for it not work.

I'm using Alt-F + IPv6 in reloaded mode, it works great (I am planning
on flashing, but after my console cable arrives...)