Files to cross compile Alt-F and packages

Duke

Nov 7, 2015, 6:28:02 PM11/7/15
to Alt-F
Would it be possible to share files (zipped for example) which could be used to build alt-f and packages without going through the hassle of searching for all required dependencies (which some are quite hard to get nowadays)?

I would like to be able to make some updated packages but I weren't able to build Alt-F because of some missing dependencies that are pretty much dead on the internet. Thanks.

João Cardoso

Nov 8, 2015, 11:19:06 AM11/8/15
to Alt-F

On Saturday, 7 November 2015 23:28:02 UTC, Duke wrote:
Would it be possible to share files (zipped for example) which could be used to build alt-f and packages without going through the hassle of searching for all required dependencies (which some are quite hard to get nowadays)?

WHat Alt-F version are you trying to build? What cvs version? trunk?
Following the wiki? What "board" target are you trying to build?  As of RC4.1 all package download site was fine.
What specific tarballs do you need? I can create a download place at sourceforge for such unavailable tarballs. But read bellow.

I would like to be able to make some updated packages but I weren't able to build Alt-F because of some missing dependencies

Alt-F build system is based on buildroot-2009, and *only* the packages needed to build Alt-F have been updated. If you are trying to build something existing in buildroot-2009 but not used by Alt-F I can't help you.