Mounting samba shares bug?

Bo Bergholt

Sep 26, 2015, 1:43:40 PM9/26/15
to Alt-F
I'm runnning Alt-F 0.1RC4.1 with kernel 3.10.32 om my DNS-323 Rev-B1 and very happy for the system.

Suddenly I lost the ability to mount my user samba-shares, but could still connect to the public ones. "Mount" wouldn't accept the user password. After reentering/updating the password on the Setup->Users->Password the connection was accepted again. What happened - a minor bug?

Bo Bergholt

Oct 14, 2015, 8:12:11 AM10/14/15
to Alt-F
After rebooting the DNS-323 box mounting the samba-shares gives the following answer (Linux-mashine):

sudo mount -a
 mount error(13): Permission denied
 Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

After reset of the user password (reentering as described above) mounting is working again.
Am I missing something?

Bo Bergholt

Oct 14, 2015, 9:35:21 AM10/14/15
to Alt-F
Tried suggestions from this https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt-f/48ghO-c-gRI/discussion, but without succeeding.
It seem like the same problem, though. Same outout from the samba log file. Didn't help to include removal of smbpasswd.

Bo Bergholt

Oct 14, 2015, 1:02:08 PM10/14/15
to Alt-F
The file /etc/samba/smbpasswd doesn't change whatever I do - only /etc/samba/passdb.tdb.

Bo Bergholt

Oct 14, 2015, 1:33:20 PM10/14/15
to Alt-F
After adding:

smb passwd file  =  /etc/samba/smbpasswd

passdb backend = smbpasswd

to /etc/smb.conf the samba connections survived reboot.

Still this should be default?

João Cardoso

Oct 14, 2015, 2:02:46 PM10/14/15
to Alt-F
IT IS the default. Why have you changed it?

Bo Bergholt

Oct 14, 2015, 2:13:25 PM10/14/15
to Alt-F
I didn't and I don't how i happened. Until now the smb.com only contained the individual user settings.

João Cardoso

Oct 14, 2015, 2:27:43 PM10/14/15
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 19:13:25 UTC+1, Bo Bergholt wrote:
I didn't and I don't how i happened. Until now the smb.com only contained the individual user settings.

The shipped smb.conf is attached. Shares are added to it when using the webUI for several purposes.

smb.conf

Bo Bergholt

Oct 14, 2015, 2:45:16 PM10/14/15
to Alt-F
Thank you! I must have lost the original /etc/samba/smb.conf early in the proces.