[Python] Installing modules on Alt-F

Rodrigo Aluizio

May 16, 2017, 11:44:20 AM5/16/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
I am not a python expert so I may need some help here.
I've installed the python package on my Alt-F RC6, but I would like to make use of the flexget module. Wich needs a lot of dependencies.
Is there a way that I can have pip (library manager) installed so I can acces PyPI (or would it need an "alt-f repository"?) and install other modules?
And most important, would that work? Given Alt-F system "structure"!

Thanks in advance.

João Cardoso

May 16, 2017, 4:05:11 PM5/16/17
to Alt-F

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 16:44:20 UTC+1, Rodrigo Aluizio wrote:
I am not a python expert so I may need some help here.
I've installed the python package on my Alt-F RC6, but I would like to make use of the flexget module. Wich needs a lot of dependencies.
Is there a way that I can have pip (library manager) installed so I can acces PyPI and install other modules?

pip is installed when you install python, so you only have to run at the command line
 pip install flexget

If it, or some dependencies needs to compile C code, it will fail.

And most important, would that work? Given Alt-F system "structure"!

Given that several pythons app/modules exists for Alt-F, I don't see why not.

Ah, I tried it on a dns-323 and it failed with an out of memory error. Perhaps on other dns-xxx with more RAM memory it will work

 IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Or install stepwise, eg ' pip install flask werkzeug flexget' and repeat the command and/or install some dependencies first.
You might also use a pip cache on disk (creating it first with a 'mkdir /mnt/sda2/pip-cache' ) eg 'pip --cache-dir /mnt/sda2/pip-cache mod1 ... modn'

It finally succeeded installing on the 323, don't know how to/if it runs.

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo Aluizio

May 16, 2017, 5:45:26 PM5/16/17
to Alt-F
Working like a charm. No errors on DNS320L Rev A3.

Thanks.

Rodrigo Aluizio

May 16, 2017, 5:52:36 PM5/16/17
to Alt-F
A small last question. How can I initialize it at boot?
flexget daemon start -d initializes the Daemon. But I would have to run it after every boot.

João Cardoso

May 17, 2017, 11:11:32 AM5/17/17
to Alt-F

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 22:52:36 UTC+1, Rodrigo Aluizio wrote:
A small last question. How can I initialize it at boot?

Services->User, user Configure

Rodrigo Aluizio

May 18, 2017, 4:45:03 PM5/18/17
to Alt-F
Oddly, after subimitting the command I got:

BusyBox v1.20.2 (2017-03-03 18:40:34 WET) multi-call binary.

Usage: dirname FILENAME

Strip non-directory suffix from FILENAME

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="../dns-323.png">
html { height: 100%; }
body { height: 100%; font-family: arial,verdana; }
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/scripts/dull/dull.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/dull/dull.js"></script>

<script type=text/javascript>
	alert("The script must be on a filesystem such as /mnt/sda2 or /mnt/md0.\n")
	window.location.assign(document.referrer)
	</script>

My system has a /mnt/md0/ folder...

Joao Cardoso

May 18, 2017, 8:36:44 PM5/18/17
to Alt-F Group
Please read the rc6 snapshot announcement:

-When using Services->System->User, Submit, the error "user_proc.cgi: line 30: syntax error:..."
error message is displayed. Fix: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt-f/irB51Q01Yvs/S5RecQA7AQAJ

Rodrigo Aluizio

May 19, 2017, 4:42:09 PM5/19/17
to Alt-F

Applied the fix, but still get the exactly same error. But never mind.

You already helped me a lot, I hardly reboot the nas, I can run the command once in a while.

Thanks João.

João Cardoso

May 22, 2017, 10:36:19 AM5/22/17
to Alt-F

On Friday, 19 May 2017 21:42:09 UTC+1, Rodrigo Aluizio wrote:

Applied the fix, but still get the exactly same error. But never mind.

OK, but I would like to know what is wrong, so I could fix it.

I can reproduce your results if I supply only the script file name, not its full path.
The intended usage is to fill in the full path of a file that will contain the code, hit the "Edit" button, add your own commands to the "start" section, and Submit. E.g.

Rodrigo Aluizio

May 22, 2017, 5:42:03 PM5/22/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
Sorry João. Full path solved "my issue". Not even thought about such obvious thing to try.
And now I saw the freaking yellow warning about it. :P