Can't download via vsftpd on RC4.1

Joel

Mar 28, 2015, 7:30:47 PM3/28/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I upgraded from RC3 to RC4.1, and now I cannot get FTP downloads to work.

I can log in and list files, but downloads timeout.

In the system log, I see the following:
Mar 28 16:17:47 T4HDD ftp.info vsftpd[3099]: [ftp] FAIL DOWNLOAD: Client "192.168.0.2", "/Dare I Say/150325 Ritter House Fire/150325 Ritter House Fire_mark1-range.mp3", 17376 bytes, 0.61Kbyte/sec

This happens for both anonymous and user accounts. Another example:
Mar 28 16:24:06 T4HDD ftp.info vsftpd[3840]: [joel] OK LOGIN: Client "192.168.0.2"
Mar 28 16:24:14 T4HDD ftp.info vsftpd[3749]: [joel] FAIL DOWNLOAD: Client "192.168.0.2", "/btsync-1.0.134-arm-2.txz", 17376 bytes, 0.60Kbyte/sec

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further. I've tried every combination of settings I can think of within the Alt-F GUI.

Would appreciate any help you can offer. I am considering trying ftp clients from ffp, but I would prefer to configure via GUI.

Thanks in advance.

Joel

Mar 28, 2015, 9:29:44 PM3/28/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Starting to wonder if I have some sort of recursion problem, and not necessarily something related to Alt-F or vsftpd. Will test from a remote computer...

João Cardoso

Mar 29, 2015, 10:12:55 AM3/29/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 11:30:47 PM UTC, Joel wrote:
Hi,
I upgraded from RC3 to RC4.1, and now I cannot get FTP downloads to work.

This can be either a filesystem/folder permissions issue or a vsftpd configuration change, due to a vsftpd version change.

Start giving us the vsftpd version which is installed and running, issuing the command

vsftpd -v

at the command line after ssh/telnet the box as the 'root' user, using the same password as the webUI.
Please post the output of the above command, even if you solve the issue by some other method.

Do you have a non empty /etc/vsftpd.user_list file? Use the command

cat /etc/vsftpd.user_list

to see its contents, if any.

Can you save/put files on the server, either as an anonymous or a normal user?

The attached file is the standard RC4.1 /etc/vsftpd.conf file, what is your file current contents? use

cat /etc/vsftpd.conf

to see and post its contents. You can afterwards replace it with the posted one.
vsftpd.conf

Joel

Mar 30, 2015, 12:27:00 AM3/30/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Joao.

It does work as expected from offsite, so I guess it has to do with something other than Alt-F/vsftpd.

I haven't tried uploading anything, the access to the folder I am publishing is read-only. Maybe next weekend I can change the permissions and do this test.

Here is the output you requested:
$ vsftpd -v
vsftpd
: version 3.0.2