Transmission and Automatic

Peter Canada

Jul 25, 2014, 3:29:44 AM7/25/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Wondering how much memory and cpu usage these 2 programs Transmission and Automatic would consume running on this device, and would it interfere with video playback from the device while those programs are actively downloading stuff?

I am using EXT4 both drives in the DNS 323-B1 box!

Hooligan99

Jul 25, 2014, 6:21:32 AM7/25/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
I've been using the pair for a couple of years on a B1. I use NFS and SAMBA shares along with miniDLNA for other devices.

You will have to manage the active torrents, connections and allocate speed, particularly during your watching hours. I currently run a 80/30 Mbps fibre connection and if I allow even half of that after a short while Transmission crashes... so I have a night time (11:30-6:30) of 2048/512 and a daytime of 768/128 which seems to work well...

But, all in all, it works fine as a back ground dl'er if you can live with, in general, putting the torrents in in the morning, say, and having them all complete the next... If I absolutely have to have something NOW, I just use my PC at full bore...

Warren