CRON Shutdown does not work

Jefrey Goldon

Nov 22, 2014, 8:37:45 AM11/22/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello

DNS-323-C1 with RC4.

When i am using /sbin/shutdown with CRON then it does not shutdown the device on the planed time.
I have tried the command /sbin/reboot and the device reboots as scheduled, so CRON is running and functioning properly.
The CRON service is always running and "Boot Enabled" is active.
.
I have tested the shutdown with RC3 a couple of months ago, and i remember that this worked fine then.

I use:  * 14:20 /sbin/shutdown
in: Services->System->Cron

Has something changed in RC4? Is the /sbin/shutdown not integrated in the firmware anymore? Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

I did not tried /sbin/poweroff yet, because i fear that this will rather damage data on the disc or the firmware (/sbin/poweroff just cuts the power from the device, right?)

please help :)
mfg

João Cardoso

Nov 22, 2014, 9:57:53 AM11/22/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
I don't remember 'shutdown' , use /sbin/poweroff.

Tom Schmidt

Nov 22, 2014, 10:25:38 AM11/22/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Correct, there is no /sbin/shutdown, but /sbin/halt would be
equivalent. /sbin/poweroff does a halt followed by power off.

Tom