Hi I have question RC6 Data Count error displayed in status page

michael aramini

May 12, 2017, 5:24:52 PM5/12/17
to Alt-F
Hi I have question RC6 Data Count displayed in status page

I have a problem or question

On the status page the number of gb count is inconsistent (it only displays 3.2gb) while ifconfig displays (24483807 package which corresponds to about 233gb)

How is calculating what is displaying this is a bug?
Or maybe it displays another parameter or can only be some processes?

I am in RC6 on DNS-320-RevA1
Am the only one kind of thing
Printer screen

Thank you for your info ...

data.PNG

João Cardoso

May 14, 2017, 12:18:05 PM5/14/17
to Alt-F

On Friday, 12 May 2017 22:24:52 UTC+1, michael aramini wrote:
Hi I have question RC6 Data Count displayed in status page

I have a problem or question

On the status page the number of gb count is inconsistent (it only displays 3.2gb) while ifconfig displays (24483807 package which corresponds to about 233gb)

Not all packets have the same size, some carry 1 byte, others 1500 bytes (if MTU is 1500).
The status page (and ifconfig) shows what the kernel network driver claims it has transferred.
Try 'cat /sys/class/net/eth0/statistics/rx_bytes' or other stat files in that directory.

How is calculating what is displaying this is a bug?

Actually I remember that an old driver for the network driver on the dns-323, a 32 bits variable were used to count the number of bytes, and the counter wrapped around at 4GB. That was (still is?) a bug.

michael aramini

May 14, 2017, 3:56:49 PM5/14/17
to Alt-F

Hello I tested the command

 cat /sys/class/net/eth0/statistics/rx_bytes
 cat /sys/class/net/eth0/statistics/tx_bytes

 and the result matches the number of go download/upload either 447go (download) ~ (discounted on the modem for the device)

Small question for ifconfig the tx and rx (in byte)

Is it since the uptime or the total transfer since the installation of the r6

thankx for precision and for your time