Recover partition to restore md0 keeping linear on two disks.

Mattan 27

Dec 3, 2018, 4:11:16 PM12/3/18
to Alt-F

My DNS-323  RAID 1 is degraded as sdb2 is not part of md0 and I want to restore md0 keeping linear that uses both disks. Maybe a power outage result. Have run reboot and check.

RAID

Dev.

Capacity

Level

State

Status

Action

Done

ETA

md0

233.0GB

raid1

clean

degraded

idle

md1

1395.0GB

linear

clean

Mounted Filesystems

Dev.

Label

Capacity

Available

FS

Mode

Dirty

Automatic FSCK in

md0

229.3GB

109.6GB

ext2

RW

*

23 mounts or 179 days

md1

1.3TB

69.9GB

ext2

RW

*

29 mounts or 179 days

sda4

486.2MB

486.1MB

ext2

RW

*

30 mounts or 179 days

sdb2

229.3GB

109.6GB

ext2

RW

*

25 mounts or 179 days

sdb4

486.2MB

485.4MB

ext2

RW

*

19 mounts or 179 days

RAID Maintenance

Dev.

Capacity

Level

Ver.

Components

Array

RAID Operations

Component Operations

md0

233.0GB

raid1

0.9

sda2

md1

1395.0GB

linear

0.9

sda3 sdb3

Tried to add sdb2 to md0 without success – info suggested it was already mounted. Run clear and sdb2 disappeared as possible add. – some info about using fun-plug but I am anable to install it as

http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/fun_plug is ” Forbidden” webpage.

Any help appreciated

Mattan 27

Dec 3, 2018, 5:35:49 PM12/3/18
to Alt-F
New info:  Used ssh to use commandline. /dev/sdb2 is mounted  and can be added to smb share with networks in ALT-F - can be browsed and looks fine and " almost" the same as md0.
How do I include sdb2 in md0?

Mattan 27

Dec 4, 2018, 8:12:09 AM12/4/18
to Alt-F
Solved !
Unmounted sdb2, added sdb2 to md0 with
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --add /dev/sdb2 from replacing_hard_disks_in_a_raid1_array
remounted md1 and updated fstab.
Worked fine after reboot and no error messages :)

João Cardoso

Dec 4, 2018, 11:01:11 AM12/4/18
to Alt-F

On Tuesday, 4 December 2018 13:12:09 UTC, Mattan 27 wrote:
Solved !
Unmounted sdb2, added sdb2 to md0 with
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --add /dev/sdb2 from replacing_hard_disks_in_a_raid1_array
remounted md1 and updated fstab.
Worked fine after reboot and no error messages :)

Glad to hear. After all using the command line is not that difficult, as long as we know what we are doing, of course.

You could do everything from the webUI, as the wiki explains. Notice the following:

But If the RAID was created under D-Link firmware, the disk partition for RAID usage is a generic linux type,
and in order for it to appear in the webUI in next F step it needs to be changed to be of type RAID.
Use either set of instruction bellow, depending on the Alt-F version you are using.(...)