CoffeeCON 2013

Patricia Sinnott

Apr 5, 2013, 8:26:17 AM4/5/13
to alt-coffee...@googlegroups.com
For anyone interested CoffeeCON is the consumer coffee conference that started last year and is returning again on May 4 in the Chicago area. The speakers include George Howell, Christy Thorns, Oren Bloostein, Jim Schulman and includes lots of brewing classes, home roaster meetup, over ten specialty roasters to sample and lots of gear. I'm trying to get the word out because while we are a small show we pack a lot of value. We are about the love of coffee and coffee brewing we don't have a lot of money to spend on advertising. CoffeeFest sends out glossy post cards and claims you can attend some of their classes with a expensive admission. There classes are things like learn about cash register software or how to increase liquid sales. CoffeeCON really teachs about coffee. Things like olfactory development taught by Counter Culture Coffee or the tasting lab with George Howell or hands-on brewing labs. We don't do any "How to open a cafe" type classes. Please spread the word about CoffeeCON. We need your support to continue to offer quality content and hope to take this show around the country if we prove that coffee lovers really want more real coffee content. The tickets are only $10 and there's free parking. http://www.coffee-con.com/