Chicory

Steve Freides

Apr 4, 2013, 10:19:26 AM4/4/13
to alt-coffee...@googlegroups.com
My wife has been expressing a hankering for New Orleans style coffee with chicory - can one do this at home with a popcorn popper, does one buy chicory (where?), is the chicory roasted separately from the coffee or together, etc.?

Recommendations for a coffee bean to do this with (from sweetmarias would be great) appreciated as well.

And if this is one of those "don't try this at home" sort of things, please tell me that, too.  :)  The resulting coffee/chicory blend will be made in a French Press if that matters.

Many thanks.

-S-

Robert Foster

Apr 4, 2013, 10:42:57 AM4/4/13
to alt-coffee...@googlegroups.com

Head Wrangler,
Foster's Cat Ranch
"Premium felines raised in God's country.
Call for prices, recipes and suggested wine pairings."

Steve Freides

Apr 4, 2013, 10:49:11 AM4/4/13
to alt-coffee...@googlegroups.com
Very good - will order from them, seems to be already to mix with ground coffee already.

They have an espresso blend that says it's designed for French Roast so I'll start with that and see how it goes.

Thanks.

-S-