ALPS at upcoming ASC conference ...

mca

May 1, 2021, 2:18:22 PM5/1/21
to alps.io
All:

the API Specifications Conference [1] is coming up in September 2021. It will be an online event again this year.

The call for submitting talks [2] is now open through June 11 and I encourage folks here on this list to consider submitting and speaking at the event. My past experiences w/ ASC have been very positive. They are quite supportive to their speakers, open to new presentations and to new speakers.

We have many great, stable projects going on in the ALPS space right now including ASD, Eiger as well as experimental projects like the new updates for Unified, ALPS-Writer, CDK ALPS and so forth. And I still think the Pivotal team deserves more credit for including ALPS generating services within the Spring platform.

I would love to see these projects featured at ASC this year.

I will likely submit a talk on the ALPS specification itself, but that is pretty boring, really.

Also, I am considering submitting a panel talk on ALPS in general.  It would be a chance for us to talk about our experiences using ALPS and offer more exposure to existing ALPS projects and the spec in general.

If you're thinking of submitting a talk, freel free to post to the list to share, give feedback, etc.

I hope to see lots of ALPS talks at ASC this fall!

cheers.