You need to call Air Canada

Piaw Na(藍俊彪)

May 21, 2010, 2:48:28 PM5/21/10
to alps...@googlegroups.com
The Air Canada Bike Carriage policy specifies that you have to call
them to inform them that the bike is coming with you. (They were happy
to carry our tandem, so I think it's all good). I attached our bike to
me, but I didn't have all your record locators, so the agent told me
to have the rest of you call Air Canada.

The airline policy is as follows for bikes:

1. Bike costs $50
2. Bike + case cannot exceed 70 pounds
3. You get *one* piece of checked baggage in addition to the bike.

Mike Samuel

May 21, 2010, 3:34:58 PM5/21/10
to alps...@googlegroups.com
2010/5/21 Piaw Na(藍俊彪) <pi...@gmail.com>:
In (3), if the bike is a tandem, is "you" plural or singular?

Piaw Na(藍俊彪)

May 21, 2010, 3:56:02 PM5/21/10
to alps...@googlegroups.com
> In (3), if the bike is a tandem, is "you" plural or singular?

Singular. So I get one tandem + 1 piece of checked baggage, and Lisa
gets 1 piece of checked baggage.

The tandem and the bike case would weigh 75 pounds, so either my piece
of checked baggage gets the wheels, etc., or I pay $100 for a Santana
Cardboard box.

Cynthia Wong

May 28, 2010, 10:07:04 PM5/28/10
to alps...@googlegroups.com
just FYI - Kekoa/Roberto, I called for our reservation (3 bikes)

cyn