Cleaning the trackball

Matthew Jordan

Sep 3, 2011, 11:18:01 AM9/3/11
to alph...@googlegroups.com
I have one of the new optical alphagrips and I have cleaned it a few times but now I can't get the damn collar off from around the trackball. Where does that arrow need to point to get it off? If there is no corresponding marking to line it up with, why bother putting an arrow on there?

-Matt

Mike Willner

Sep 3, 2011, 11:39:23 AM9/3/11
to alph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Sorry you're having problems getting the trackball collar off from around the trackball. You should move the arrow to the 10:00 position (NorthWest). If it doesn't come off, try moving it just a little before 10:00 and then a little after. If it still doesn't come off, you can slip the tip of a knife along the outer edge of the collar and put slight updward pressure while turning the collar. One side of the collar may pop out and then the other.

Hope that helps.

Mike