Just rearranging the furniture....

1 view

Alma Hromic Deckert

Jan 4, 2007, 4:47:54 PM1/4/07
to almas-pe...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to 2007. Brand new year, brand new set of occasions and events
and news. This here is your opening newsletter, and there likely won't
be another until the middle of the year or so.

Just to bring you all up to speed, and we'll leave it at that for
now...

For those of you in the USA and who do the con circuit, the next few
events I'll be at are as follows:

# January 12-14: Rustycon, Seattle

# March 16-18: Lunacon, New York

# May 25-28: WisCon, Madison, WI

If anyone on this list is at any of those, make sure you at least wave
in passing.

Right, book news as of January 2007.

The current biggie, of course, is the imminent release of the first
Worldweavers book, "Gift of the Unmage", which should hit the
bookstores at the end of February (available for preorder on Amazon
already, of course, and if the numbers are to be trusted a few people
have availed themselves of that opportunity already for which my
thanks!) If you have daughters, nieces, god-daughters, kids of friends
who need a good book and who are already going into withdrawal because
Lemony Snicket is done with Unfortunate Events and J K Rowlings is
almost done with Harry, here's something to keep a book in that
budding reader's hands. If you can get those kids to write reviewlets
for their school libraries or such, all the better. Book 2 of the
series is currently in my editor's hands in New York, and about to
enter the Land of Serious Copy Editing; Book 3 is about to be begun -
actual release dates are still nebulous for those two, but thought to
be slated for spring 2008 and spring 2009 respectively (and you will
be kept informed, through this newsletter). The trilogy has also been
sold in Poland, where it will be appearing this year... I hope.

In other news:

* "Secrets of Jin Shei" is now officially in eleven languages, and
it's already out in English (of course) as well as Dutch, Italian,
Spanish, Catalan, and Portuguese. Lithuanian and Czech editions have
been sighted online but no actual author copies in my hands yet, and
the German edition is FINALLY apparently due out in February 2007.
Others, date of actual publication unknown as yet, include the
Turkish, Israeli, and Brazilian editions. Covers, as and when they
become available, will be posted on my website. FOr those of you who
read my blog (at http://anghara.livejournal.com), it will not be news
that the SPanish hardcover edition has sold over 30 000 copies so far,
which is amazing.

*"Embers of Heaven" - released in trade paperback in Australia and New
Zealand in December 2005 and in mass market paperback in the UK in
September 2006, appears to be doing well. Its forthcoming editions
include Dutch (out in november of 2006, but once again, no author
copies sighted yet), Spanish, Portuguese and Lithuanian. Will keep you
posted on future developments.

* A new project is in the works, to follow "Worldweavers", but I can't
talk about that much as yet. WIll, as soon as I can. Promise.

A few general housekeeperly things.

My website: www.AlmaAlexander.com
My blog: http://anghara.livejournal.com

Info is often posted on both; this newsletter will serve as a sort of
"digest" of information.

If you're a reader and you want stuff signed, you're welcome to send
me books or such but please remember to include return packaging and
postage. Alternatively, send me a SASE requesting signed bookplates
and I'll be happy to mail them to you. If you're local(ish) and have a
reading group that you might want me to come and visit, or if you have
kids whose school might be interested in a visit, let me know and if
it's doable in my schedule I'll be delighted to do it.

If you're an industry person (a journalist, a reviewer, a bookshop
person or the like) and you want any information on anything at all,
my address and my email are on my website and I'm happy to answer any
questions you might have.

For all of you, happy new year, and I'll see you soon!
www.AlmaAlexander.com