A Simple Study about Configuration Types

Liu Yuan

Jun 21, 2021, 8:36:46 PM6/21/21
to Alluxio Users
Dear all,

Hello, I'm a Ph.D. student focusing on software configuration research.

Our group is working on how to identify configuration types of software. In this context, a configuration type refers to a Java type (class, interface, or enumeration type) that is used to manage configuration options or configuration methods. To investigate the characteristics of the configuration types, we manually identified the configuration types of Alluxio (V2.2.2). The results are shown below.

1)alluxio.conf.PropertyKey.Name: stores the option names
2)alluxio.conf.PropertyKey.Template: stores the option names
3)alluxio.conf.InstancedConfiguration: has configuration method.
4)  alluxio.conf.path.SpecificPathConfiguration: has configuration method.
5) alluxio.master.table.CatalogProperty: stores the option names
6) alluxio.table.common.BaseConfiguration: has configuration method.
7)alluxio.conf.ServerConfiguration: has configuration method.
8) alluxio.master.journal.raft.RaftJournalConfiguration: has configuration method.
9) alluxio.cli.validation.HadoopConfigurationFileParser: has configuration method.
10) alluxio.master.metastore.caching.CacheConfiguration: has configuration method.
11) alluxio.metrics.MetricKey.Name: stores the option names
12) alluxio.metrics.MetricsConfig: has configuration methods, e.g., the loading and checking method.
13)alluxio.conf.AlluxioProperties: has configuration method.

In order to increase the reliability of the research results, we need experts to confirm the above results. Could you please help us? Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Best,
Yuan Liu

Bin Fan

Jun 29, 2021, 6:25:26 PM6/29/21
to Alluxio Users

hi Yuan,

Thanks for your interests. They look correct to me

- Bin