Alluxio 2.7.2 Release!

l...@alluxio.com

Dec 29, 2021, 1:37:58 PM12/29/21
to Alluxio Users

Dear Alluxio users,

We are excited to announce the release of Alluxio 2.7.2! This is an edge release for Alluxio open source on top of Alluxio 2.7.1, with a variety of bug fixes, documentation, and improvements.

HIGHLIGHTS

Address log4j vulnerabilities

Alluxio 2.7.2 upgraded log4j to 2.17.0 to address known log4j security vulnerabilities.

Improve Alluxio POSIX Compatibility

Alluxio 2.7.2 emphasizes the POSIX compatibility of Alluxio POSIX API. This release includes a set of POSIX compatibility improvements to support more POSIX workloads.

Reduce wait time when changing leadership

Alluxio 2.7.2 reduces the wait time when changing leadership in high availability mode and thus reduces the potential system downtime.

For more details, please read our release notes available at https://www.alluxio.io/download/releases/alluxio-2-7-2-release/

For downloads, please check out https://www.alluxio.io/download

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

We want to thank the community for their valuable contributions to the Alluxio 2.7.2 release. Especially, we would like to thank:

Baolong Mao, Bing Zheng, Kevin Cai, Shiqi Liu, Tao He, Yantao Xue, Yaolong Liu,  Tianbao Ding, Zhoujin, ccy00808, xwzbupt

Enjoy the new release and look forward to hearing your feedback on our community slack channel.

Best,

Lu Qiu (Alluxio 2.7.2 Release Manager)

Bin Fan

Dec 29, 2021, 6:53:21 PM12/29/21
to l...@alluxio.com, Alluxio Users
Thanks Lu for making the new release happen!

- Bin