[VOTE] Proposal of removing HADOOP1 macro in Alluxio repository

Mao Baolong

May 17, 2023, 8:51:27 PM5/17/23
to Alluxio Users
Hi folks,

As some people are confused about why we encountered some build error while running alluxio tests.

The failed code is

```
 //#ifdef HADOOP1
    o.sync();
    //#else
    o.hflush();
    //#endif

```

I will suggest them to remove the HADOOP1 related code to pass the build, but it is not a long term approach.

So, I'd like to send the mail to propose removing HADOOP1 macro from our Alluxio open source repository.

If you are using HADOOP1 and suggest to keep HADOOP1 related code in Alluxio repository, please reply `-1` with your information, something like company, use-case, when the HADOOP1 will be replaced to higher version.

If you agree my proposal, please reply +1 to me.

Any reply will be appreciated!

From Baoloong Mao

Bin Fan

May 17, 2023, 8:52:37 PM5/17/23