Feeling thankful + ALL the fun things

Anthony D'Isidoro

Nov 16, 2021, 8:51:55 AM11/16/21
to Anthony D'Isidoro

STAY ON TRACK

with the speedway

As our first holiday season at The Speedway approaches, we are feeling especially THANKFUL. Thankful for everyone who has worked so hard to get us up and running. Thankful to our tenants as they hustle to open up their shops. And thankful to all of YOU who keep showing up.

We have so much to share with you all this month and next, but before we do, we want to draw attention to the Buenas/Super Bien NuMarket campaign that is happening RIGHT NOW. Your investment will help Melissa build the Buenas Aisle - a way to shop for her super delicious food at the forthcoming Super Bien here at The Speedway and online. If the campaign hits the goal, funders will get back 120% of contributions in credits to use towards empanadas and more, in-store and online. Get more Buenas by funding the launch of the Buenas Aisle. Seems like a win/win to us.

Take a look at all the fun things we have planned below, and we hope to see you at The Speedway soon!

With thanks,
The Speedway Team

so much to do at the speedway!

Don't miss a thing - check out our full calendar here and follow along on social media for all of our happenings at the Speedway. Here are a few highlights for the month ahead.

November 16, 6:30 - 8:30pm: Arts & Drafts at Notch Brewing. Join Cambridge Art Association in a night of drawing while drinking. Bring a friend, paint a friend! (Only a few spots left, register ASAP.)

November 21, 12 - 5pm: Join us for the first of three (3!) Boston Women's Holiday Markets you'll find at Garage B this gifting season.

We are excited to announce that The Speedway is a drop-off location for the Annual Allston Brighton Holiday Toy Drive! From now - December 19th, we will be collecting new, unwrapped gifts for kids of all ages. We are also seeking diapers and gift cards to major retailers like Target and Amazon. For more information, contact Jen in Rep Moran’s office.

Small business Saturday at the speedway

There's no one we want to celebrate more than the small business heroes here at The Speedway and beyond. From our tenants to the food truck chefs to the all the hardworking craftspeople who make these markets happen, small businesses are what makes The Speedway tick!

Join us on Saturday, November 27 for a day of festive day of shopping small, supporting local brands, and kicking off the holiday season.

Here's how we'll do it:

Find the Small Biz Saturday Market in Garage B from 1-6pm, where you can enjoy a Sip and Shop experience hosted by Notch Brighton and Hear Me Roar Artists, featuring over 40 local vendors, featuring artists, craftspeople, makers, vintage & antique curators, and so much more.

Help us decorate our first tree! We are all in for an ornament-making workshop with the Cambridge Art Association. Make something beautiful to take home OR hang it in its place of glory on The Speedway tree for all to enjoy! Then stick around for a special tree lighting on Saturday afternoon. (This would also be a great time for you to bring by your unwrapped toys for the Annual Allston Brighton Toy Drive.)

November 26, 27, 28, noon til close: Pop-up Bottle Shop from The Koji Club in the courtyard - come grab your holiday bottles! Alyssa is wrapping up her favorite sake bottles to gift to your nearest and dearest.

**These events will take place primarily outside, and partially in our event space, Garage B and in Notch Brewing. Masks are mandatory whenever you are INSIDE when not actively eating or drinking**

Opening updates

House of Art and Craft is now open for business! Take one step inside Steysy's shop and be whisked away to a blissful, mindful place. Find handmade candles and aromatherapy/meditation products that are sustainable, non-toxic, eco-friendly and with a low environmental impact.

Bellweather Salon is just days away from opening their doors. If you are interested in getting a one-of-a-kind cut from Melinda, we suggest you book ASAP! (That one chair is proving to be very popular!)

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

The Speedway · 525 Western Avenue · Brighton, MA 02135 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp