76 Ashford St, Allston

Anthony D'Isidoro

Jun 27, 2024, 12:37:30 PM (10 days ago) Jun 27
to Anthony D'Isidoro
76 Ashford St

Hello Everyone,

For years I have been advocating for Boston University to build more on campus affordable student housing especially given the numerous problems encountered in the Gardner-Ashford-Pratt neighborhood in Allston.

Given my lack of confidence that City Realty would ever get around to constructing 76 Ashford St a city approved project, whose cooperation agreement contains key enabling provisions for the new West Station as part of the Allston I90 Multimodal Project, I have also been advocating to both parties, the potential benefits of City Realty selling the site and project to Boston University.

Not only would it help address the student housing issue by freeing up additional units for community residents and hopefully relieving pressure on the local rental market, but guarantee a key circulation piece for West Station and the Malvern St Transitway.

I am pleased to inform you that our hopes and dreams have been realized.

Given the change of use from mixed use to institutional there will be additional work required with the BPDA and the Mayor’s Office of Housing, especially the mitigation of affordable housing covenants in the Cooperation agreement.  .

However this transaction dramatically improves the changes the project will be completed.

Tony

Sale Date: 6/26/2024
Sale Price: $19,750,000
Grantor: Allston Development, LLC, Trustee of 76 Ashford St Realty Trust
Grantee: Trustees of Boston University