Windows 8 Consumer Preview & Signal

vaiodon

Mar 24, 2012, 6:31:48 AM3/24/12
to Alloysoft
I've been playing with the Windows 8 preview release on a Acer tablet
& encountered a couple of anomalies with Signal. In the "desktop"
instantiation of IE the Signal iPhone UI is loaded but the scroll
bars, when searching playlists/tracks only seem to work if the browser
view is zoomed a little. The "metro" instantiation of the browser
won't load it at all but I suspect that might be a bonjour issue. Just
an FYI, obviously Win8 pre-release.

Matt Stevens

Mar 24, 2012, 3:45:22 PM3/24/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
I've only tested Windows 8 in virtual machines but so far I haven't been able to reproduce this. In both the desktop and Metro browsers the web interface seems to connect and scroll ok.

I've never had great luck using Bonjour in Internet Explorer so I recommend connecting using the IP address instead. In the Metro browser you'll probably also have a better experience breaking out of the picture of phone mode by navigating to http://x.x.x.x:3569/iphone/ so the UI fills the screen.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll keep an eye on it.

--
Matt Stevens
www.alloysoft.com

vaiodon

Mar 27, 2012, 7:02:25 PM3/27/12
to Alloysoft
Found the solution, although why MSFT thinks that the local LAN should
be subject to "Protected Mode" policy by default is puzzling.

http://bit.ly/GXDafb