Display Size

peterso...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2008, 5:25:27 AM7/4/08
to Alloysoft
Hi, believe it or not I'm trying to test out using Signal on an old
Twentieth Anniversary Mac which has a max screensize of 800x600. You
may ask why but it's been sitting in my entertainment center next to
my TV and other audio equipment for ages and I've always wanted to try
and use everything together. With Signal I am 99% there...I think. The
only issue I've seen so far is the iPhone image comes in about 25% too
big even in kiosk mode in the iCab browser.

Is there a way to shrink what is being displayed? I played around with
the iPhone.jpg image in the Package Contents and while it makes it
close, I still have some issues with scrollbars. To maintain the
centering of the app part within the image on the browser I had to
maintain the top and bottom heights with black space. Since the height
of the image is 830px (plus whatever else) I get scrollbars on my 800
screen. Interestingly I also get a slight horizontal and a vertical
scrollbar with the "app" area whereas I don't see this on my MBP. I
can send an image if this is something you'd be interested in
"enhancing."

Matt Stevens

Jul 4, 2008, 3:40:48 PM7/4/08
to allo...@googlegroups.com
You can try navigating to the iPhone URL directly at http://x.x.x.x:
3569/iphone/. This will remove the picture of an iPhone entirely and
stretch the view to fill the screen, which may work better with your
setup.

--
Matt Stevens
www.alloysoft.com

Chris Peterson

Mar 14, 2021, 6:15:53 PM3/14/21
to Alloysoft
Hi Matt, any chance Signal being updated for Catalina or Big Sur? When I upgraded from Mojave, Signal broke. TIA!